Asteroid City (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Kinda tired with that joke though; with TGBH, he made one of the few movies of the last decade where the lead (or co-lead) is a political refugee, at a time where taking care of refugees is one of the most urgent matter.
The French Dispatch has Lyna Khoudri in its main cast, a French actress whose family is from Algeria. Not many American films have actors with North-African origins. (except when they need a terrorist villain)

Ace

I wonder why the following people were so interested in casting Margot.....
James Gunn
Quentin Tarantino
David O. Russell
Martin Scorsese
Adam McKay
Damien Chazelle
Greta Gerwig
Wes Anderson

That's a pretty damn good list.

LuciusNightmare wrote:
August 10th, 2021, 4:41 pm
James Gunn
Quentin Tarantino
David O. Russell
Martin Scorsese
Adam McKay
Damien Chazelle
Greta Gerwig
Wes Anderson

Probably because she is good at her job.

LuciusNightmare wrote:
James Gunn
Quentin Tarantino
David O. Russell
Martin Scorsese
Adam McKay
Damien Chazelle
Greta Gerwig
Wes Anderson

You wonder why….lol

Ace wrote:
August 10th, 2021, 1:19 pm
Hell yes

LuciusNightmare wrote:
James Gunn: didn't cast her she already was Harley
Quentin Tarantino : cause she talented and has beautiful feet
David O. Russell : cause Margot's not perfect
Martin Scorsese : cause she talented and fifteen years younger than DiCaprio
Adam McKay : (it's just a cameo)
Damien Chazelle : cause she talented and Emma Stone preferred spending time home with her newborn than going back immediately to work, what a nerd!
Greta Gerwig : didn't cast her, I think Margot was involved before Greta, if anything, she pushed to have Greta do the film.
Wes Anderson : cause she talented and can play weird people

That's a pretty damn good list. (+Richard Curtis)

Demoph wrote:
August 1st, 2021, 9:50 am
Kinda tired with that joke though; with TGBH, he made one of the few movies of the last decade where the lead (or co-lead) is a political refugee, at a time where taking care of refugees is one of the most urgent matter.
The French Dispatch has Lyna Khoudri in its main cast, a French actress whose family is from Algeria. Not many American films have actors with North-African origins. (except when they need a terrorist villain)
The problem is that for every Lyna Khoudri, Jeffrey Wright, Benicio DelToro, Danny Glover, Ken Watanabe in his movie, there are ten Tilda Swintons, Saoirse Ronans, Andrien Brodys and so on.

Just check his last three movies on IMDB. The French Dispatch is a shame unfortunately. (even if I love those actors)

And also:

Ivan wrote:
August 16th, 2021, 8:19 pm
Demoph wrote:
August 1st, 2021, 9:50 am
The problem is that for every Lyna Khoudri, Jeffrey Wright, Benicio DelToro, Danny Glover, Ken Watanabe in his movie, there are ten Tilda Swintons, Saoirse Ronans, Andrien Brodys and so on.

Just check his last three movies on IMDB. The French Dispatch is a shame unfortunately. (even if I love those actors)

And also:

He can cast whoever he wants. Whats the problem?