Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... el-1151626
Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter the filmmaker behind Marvel’s landmark Black Panther has quietly closed a deal to write and direct the sequel.

While the move was expected — Marvel wanted to keep the creative team as intact as possible and a sequel was never in any real doubt — the timing was always unclear.

Black Panther, centering on T'Challa, the king of a fictional African country, was an outsized success both commercially and critically. The movie, which starred Chadwick Boseman as the titular hero, grossed $700 million domestically and more than $1.3 billion worldwide, and is also considered a contender for Oscar consideration. The movie became a defining cultural moment and touchstone, especially for the black community.

In the weeks prior and after to the movie’s February release, both Marvel and Coogler’s camp were hounded about when a sequel deal would be inked. Typically, a filmmaker is more than willing to quickly sign on for a follow-up and a studio is eager to snap up a key piece of talent in the lead-up to or right after a successful opening. But Coogler’s camp shook off the peer pressure and took its time in making a deal, which occurred under the radar some time ago.

Sources say the plan at this stage is for Coogler to write next year with an eye to start production in either late 2019 or early 2020. Marvel and parent company Disney, however, have not made any official announcements about Marvel's slate of movies beyond the release of the next Avengers movie in May 2019 and a Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel in July — and plans could shift.

Coogler is developing the drama Wrong Answer with his frequent collaborator and Black Panther star Michael B. Jordan. He is also executive producing LeBron James’ Space Jam sequel and acts in the same capacity on the upcoming Creed 2.

He is repped by WME and Cohen & Gardner.
Last edited by Dragon_316ca on May 3rd, 2021, 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/blac ... 203313186/
“Black Panther” director Ryan Coogler announced the release date of the much-anticipated follow-up film at D23 in Anaheim, Calif. Saturday.

“Black Panther 2” will hit theaters May 6, 2022.

“We’re not taking our time, we’re really trying to get it right,” Coogler said of the production schedule.

Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige said Coogler has delivered a treatment, complete with a villain and new title, though neither would give up those details.

The only Marvel film I'm excited for. I don’t really care for any others. I'm probably the only person left that still hasn’t seen the last two Avengers films, lol.

Lupita it is then.

This is some of the most bizarre shit I’ve seen a public figure do lately

Ruth wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 3:02 pm
Huh? What happened?

LelekPL wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 3:31 pm
Ruth wrote:
Huh? What happened?
Letitia Wright went on social media and posted a video of her speaking against coronavirus vaccination. She also liked tweets from people calling for Black Panther 2 to be cancelled.

Oh... oh well it's not the first time a dumbass has played a genius character. I wasn't too big on Shuri becoming new Black Panther, I wanted them to just recast the role, but I don't think this will cost her the role. It's too obvious that based on fan reaction to her character, she would become BP. Disney will do damage control, delete her account and not talk about it anymore. People will forget.

If she does lose it, and they don't recast, I think either M'Baku or somehow, some multiverse-way Killmonger (because Michael B. Jordan is too big for just one film) are still options to take over the Black Panther mantle.

Bacon wrote:
December 6th, 2020, 1:32 pm
LelekPL wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 3:31 pm
Ruth wrote:
Huh? What happened?
Letitia Wright went on social media and posted a video of her speaking against coronavirus vaccination. She also liked tweets from people calling for Black Panther 2 to be cancelled.
It wasn’t also just this typical antivaxxer shit that we’ve unfortunately become used to, but also veered into this bizarre religious territory. She (via the linked video iirc) questioned “luciferases” and its name, linking the COVID19 vaccines to...yeah, Satan, basically. Which, I don’t want to laugh at, because honestly that was a little sad.

Can’t verify this, because I never followed her, but apparently people said it’s not the first time she’s gone into religious mumbo jumbo or anti-Christian rants. Odd as fuck. Really disappointed.

lol wtf