Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Letitia Wright getting top billing over Lupita means she is, as some of us feared, the new Black Panther. Bleh.

Master Virgo wrote:
July 24th, 2022, 1:50 am
Letitia Wright getting top billing over Lupita means she is, as some of us feared, the new Black Panther. Bleh.
That's so disappointing... Lupita is amazing and deserves a big paycheck. Maybe that's why they went the other way? Wright can't command an expensive contract?

Master Virgo wrote:
July 24th, 2022, 1:50 am
The trailer looks great and this still might be the best Phase 4 Marvel movie but yeah, Letitia being the new BP is a huge turn off.

I kind of hope they make an army of Black Panthers instead of giving it to just Shuri. The one ubermensch ideology of superhero films needs refreshing and having a story about how people are stronger as a collective and not just subordinate to one (wo)man who will save them. But I guess it won't work with the idea to celebrate Chadwick and T'Challa that this movie is aiming for.

Unlike Love & Thunder, this actually looks like a movie.

Great trailer (I mean it) but I looked at this movie's director and he is a black person. In the past he directed movies only with black lead cast, exactly like Jordan Peele.

When I was watching wonder woman I checked to see if it was token for feminism and had a woman director and voila.

These apes with sticker on their foreheads do not desire versality, having an elusive persona...

When Nolan praised Black Panther, an utterly mediorce film, I cringed.

Was JDW (really liked him in Tenet) cast in Tenet because he is friends with Jordan Peele? Who knows.

blackColumn wrote:
July 24th, 2022, 7:55 am
Great trailer (I mean it) but I looked at this movie's director and he is a black person. In the past he directed movies only with black lead cast, exactly like Jordan Peele.

When I was watching wonder woman I checked to see if it was token for feminism and had a woman director and voila.

These apes with sticker on their foreheads do not desire versality, having an elusive persona...

Was JDW (really liked him in Tenet) cast in Tenet because he is friends with Jordan Peele? Who knows.
You drunk?

A Borges man wrote:
July 24th, 2022, 8:01 am
blackColumn wrote:

You drunk?
No but if you keep gaslighting me I'll start drinking!! :lol:

blackColumn wrote:

A little bit too much racist (and misogynist). Don't you?

blackColumn wrote:

I used to think people like you are usually just ignorant of history and that's the reason they spew shit like this. But I've come to realise with most of you, that just doesn't change a thing. You only think the world is unfair because your team is not winning as often as it used to. That's all.