Interesting Movies That Won't Sustain Threads

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ace

Ace

Todd Field’s new movie sixteen years after “Little Children” and twenty-one after “In the Bedroom” were released.
The intellectual drama tells the story of world-renowned musician Lydia Tár (Blanchett), who is just days away from recording the symphony that will take her to the very heights of her already formidable career. Lydia Tár’s remarkably bright and charming six-year-old adopted daughter Petra has a key role to play here. And when elements seem to conspire against Lydia, the young girl is an important emotional support for her struggling mother.”

Blanchett is accompanied by a star-studded supporting cast comprised of Nina Hoss, Noémie Merlant, Mark Strong, Sophie Kauer, Julian Glover, and Allan Corduner. Hildur Guðnadóttir, who recently won an Academy Award for her work in “Joker,” will be composing the score.

I've seen my share of stupid studio decisions, but not releasing a film that's already been shot, that's awaited by a fanbase, and that has JK Simmons, Brendan Fraser and Michael Keaton is some next level shit. (Talking about Batgirl for those who missed the news)

Demoph wrote:
August 2nd, 2022, 7:25 pm
I've seen my share of stupid studio decisions, but not releasing a film that's already been shot, that's awaited by a fanbase, and that has JK Simmons, Brendan Fraser and Michael Keaton is some next level shit. (Talking about Batgirl for those who missed the news)
Yea, seem really dumb, wouldn't be surprised if Keaton walks away from playing Batman anymore. Looking like a good thing that Nolan jumped ship to Universal.

Ace

Ace
Oscar number 3 for Cate Blanchett.

Ace

This is the best of news. I love this show!!!

Ace