Interesting Movies That Won't Sustain Threads

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

This one will soon get a thread, but in the meantime Ari Aster+Joaquin Phoenix:

In other news:
https://deadline.com/2020/11/saoirse-ro ... 234619341/
EXCLUSIVE: Saoirse Ronan, Sam Rockwell and David Oyelowo have signed on to star in a new untitled murder mystery thriller from Searchlight Pictures. This Country director Tom George is on board to helm from a script by Mark Chappell.
[...]
The story is set in 1950s London, where a desperate Hollywood film producer sets out to turn a popular West End play into a film. When members of the production are murdered, world-weary Inspector Stoppard (Rockwell) and overzealous rookie Constable Stalker (Ronan) find themselves in the midst of a puzzling whodunit within London’s glamorous Theatreland and sordid underground.[...]
That Rockwell-Ronan cop duo I didn't know I needed.

Cahiers du Cinéma announced their top 10 of 2020.

Ace

Grant and Larson teaming up? Most anticipated upcoming anything.

Brie Larson To Star In ‘Lessons In Chemistry’ Apple TV+ Series From Susannah Grant & Aggregate Films

Lessons In Chemistry is based on the upcoming debut novel from author and science editor Bonnie Garmus. Set in the early 1960s, it follows Elizabeth Zott (Larson), whose dream of being a scientist is put on hold in a society deeming that women belong in the domestic sphere, not the professional one. When Elizabeth finds herself pregnant, alone and fired from her lab, she musters the ingenuity only a single mother has. She accepts a job as a host on a TV cooking show, and sets out to teach a nation of overlooked housewives — and the men who are suddenly listening — a lot more than recipes … all the while craving a return to her true love: science.

Luca Guadagnino set direct Bones & All, Timothée Chalamet and Taylor Russel in talks to star in the lead roles.

Not much is known about the project other than it being a horror-love story revolving around Chalamet and Russell’s characters. The package already is gaining steam as sources add that multiple bidders are interested.

Would be great to see Guadagnino and Chalamet reunited and I thought Russel was really good in Waves. Guadagnino is the king of ambience, I thought We Are Who We Are once again proved his kinetic way of bringing life to his subjects and I think his eye for horror is more than worth re-exploring, considering we won't get a direct sequel to Suspiria lol

This is coming from Yorgos’s apprentice and sounds a bit like The Lobster. His first movie ‘Apples’ got raved too. Hype.

Speaking of Yorgos:

what did I just read

the whole plot