Untitled Gotham Central series (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
HBO Max announced today that it has given a series commitment to an original DC drama set in the Gotham City police department from The Batman filmmaker Matt Reeves, Boardwalk Empire creator Terence Winter, The Batman producer Dylan Clark, and Warner Bros. Television. The groundbreaking television series to be written by Winter is set in the world Reeves is creating for The Batman feature film and will build upon the motion picture’s examination of the anatomy of corruption in Gotham City, ultimately launching a new Batman universe across multiple platforms. The series provides an unprecedented opportunity to extend the world established in the movie and further explore the myriad of compelling and complex characters of Gotham. This marks the first television project for Reeves under his recently announced overall deal with the Warner Bros. Television Group.

Matt Reeves said, “This is an amazing opportunity, not only to expand the vision of the world I am creating in the film, but to explore it in the kind of depth and detail that only a longform format can afford — and getting to work with the incredibly talented Terence Winter, who has written so insightfully and powerfully about worlds of crime and corruption, is an absolute dream.”
https://pressroom.warnermediagroup.com/ ... _entity=en
Last edited by nolannolanchrischris on October 22nd, 2020, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

God I hope they get the Firestick app out soon. This sounds hella tight

Wait after some thought isn't this just Gotham?

Artemis wrote:
July 10th, 2020, 12:31 pm
This sounds like it's much closer to Ed Brubaker's Gotham Central than what the Fox show turned out to be. That was more of an origins story for Batman and all those villains.

nolannolanchrischris wrote:
July 10th, 2020, 12:39 pm
Artemis wrote:
July 10th, 2020, 12:31 pm
This sounds like it's much closer to Ed Brubaker's Gotham Central than what the Fox show turned out to be. That was more of an origins story for Batman and all those villains.
Gotcha! That's neat. Will have to check that out when I can.

Is this really the best time to announce a cop show?

Would be cool if this show looks at the city as a whole, not just the police department, and how different factions work and live in it, like a Gotham version of The Wire. I don't want Law and Order:Gotham

I would love to see it be procedural like Law & Order, but have the lived-in feel of The Wire. Although it does feel odd that this would be announced now after all that has been happening in relation to police brutality.

With a place as corrupt as Gotham, maybe now is the best time to do a cop show taking place there.

Aight this is pretty cool.