Malcolm & Marie (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
https://deadline.com/2020/07/zendaya-jo ... 202980360/
Even though there’s been a couple of notable film productions recently jockeying for the distinction of being the first in the U.S. to go before the cameras following the COVID-19 shutdown, we can tell you first that a brand new Zendaya-John David Washington movie from Euphoria creator Sam Levinson, Malcolm & Marie, has been shooting quietly all along during the pandemic. It has already completed production — arguably the first to do so on the feature film side.

Filming for Malcolm & Marie took place between June 17-July 2 at the Caterpillar House, an environmentally conscious glass architectural marvel in Carmel, CA – all compliant with WGA, DGA and SAG-AFTRA approvals and COVID-19 safety protocols.

While the pic’s logline is largely under wraps, I hear the movie has some echoes of Netflix’s Marriage Story, while resonating a number of social themes that the world is experiencing right now.
Lots of details about safety measures in the article.

Cool they managed to make this in not only such a short amount of time but will all the safety measures too. JDW and Zendaya are great, can't wait to see this!

Nomis wrote:
July 10th, 2020, 6:50 am

Cool they managed to make this in not only such a short amount of time but will all the safety measures too. JDW and Zendaya are great, can't wait to see this!
Yeah very excited about this. Marriage Story was my equal #1 film of 2019 so the comparisons have piqued my interest. Also, happy for JDW to gain another seemingly meaty role.

Exciting duo yo.

I never got around to watching Euphoria, maybe if I like this I'll make it a priority.

a 12 day shoot that's some indie shit

in cause i tend to like bottle episodes

Release date February 5th 2021

Official synopsis:
Sam Levinson teams up with Zendaya and John David Washington for an achingly romantic drama in which a filmmaker (Washington) and his girlfriend (Zendaya) return home following a celebratory movie premiere as he awaits what’s sure to be an imminent critical and financial success. The evening suddenly takes a turn as revelations about their relationships begin to surface, testing the strength of their love.

looking forward to see JDW in this kind of film

Ace