Fallout (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The worldwide best-selling game franchise Fallout is headed to television via Prime Video. Following months of dealmaking, Amazon Studios has licensed the rights to the games for Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy to develop a TV adaptation, which has received a series commitment.

This marks the first major project to come out of Westworld creators/executive producers’ big overall deal with Amazon Studios. The duo’s Kilter Films is producing Fallout alongside Bethesda Game Studios and Bethesda Softworks.

The world of Fallout is one where the future envisioned by Americans in the late 1940s explodes upon itself through a nuclear war in 2077. In Fallout, the harshness of the wasteland is set against the previous generation’s utopian idea of a better world through nuclear energy. It is serious in tone, yet sprinkled with moments of ironic humor and B-movie-nuclear-fantasies.

“Fallout is one of the greatest game series of all time,” said Kilter Films’ Joy and Nolan. “Each chapter of this insanely imaginative story has cost us countless hours we could have spent with family and friends. So we’re incredibly excited to partner with Todd Howard and the rest of the brilliant lunatics at Bethesda to bring this massive, subversive, and darkly funny universe to life with Amazon Studios.”
https://deadline.com/2020/07/fallout-te ... 202976079/

Last edited by nolannolanchrischris on July 2nd, 2020, 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i need to sit down for a moment

Oooooohhhhhhh

Fuck yeah!!!

fallout imo is one of those games where the fun depends severely on the possibility of choice making, i don’t know how well that would ever translate on a different media like television and offer enough personalization to its structure to set it apart from other postapocalyptic stuff.

so ideally, i think the way to go is to either set it in the pre war years, maybe just before the bombs fell, or in the immediate aftermath, and unless this could end up being some anthology series, never do a couple centuries long time jump. personally one of the coolest parts of fallout for me was discovering all of the little absurd, creepy and sometimes even downright scary old stories scattered all over the place. all the crazy shit that went down in the vaults. would love to see those chapters come to life.

Holy shit.

Wait. What. Hold on.

After thirds season of Westworld I must digest that.

poplar wrote:
July 3rd, 2020, 3:45 am
After thirds season of Westworld I must digest that.
no existential monologues pls