Wolfman (TBD)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
https://variety.com/2020/film/news/ryan ... 203426491/

"Months after Universal successfully relaunched its monster universe with Elisabeth Moss’s “The Invisible Man,” the studio is pushing ahead for “Wolfman” — which is being developed as a starring vehicle for Ryan Gosling — to be the next movie based on its catalog of iconic creatures.
Sources tell Variety that executives at Universal have been meeting with directors over the past month and could be making a decision soon on who will take the reins behind the camera. While there is no frontrunner at the time, Cory Finley, who recently received rave reviews for directing HBO’s drama “Bad Education with Hugh Jackman and Allison Janney, is said to be in the mix for the job.
Universal and CAA had no comment.
It’s unknown what the new take on “Wolfman” will look like, though it is believed to be set in present times and in the vein of Jake Gyllenhaal’s thriller “Nightcrawler,” with an obvious supernatural twist.
Lauren Schuker Blum and Rebecca Angelo, who wrote for Netflix’s “Orange is the New Black,” penned the script, which is based on an original pitch by Gosling."

Love this.

-Vader

With Universal Studios rumored to be including a Monsters Universe section in their upcoming Epic Universe theme park, this gets me one step closer to my dream theme park land featuring Ryan Gosling

Guess they don't pick all their leads from the church of scientology after all. Unless Gosling is secretly a member too, lol.

I love Werewolf movies when they are done well and there ain't that many. Ginger Snaps, The Company of Wolves, American Werewolf in London, Wolf, the Howling and the Wolfman (original and remake) and that's about it for me. What I don't like is when you choose the title Wolfman and then there's no actual werewolf in the movie because the title's symbolic of something else or whatever. Give use a full moon and some neat transformation sequences with practical effects and a decent story and I'll be happy.

Also, can we have a medieval werewolf movie for once, please? I just thought that could be neat.

Excited for this. Wolfman is my favorite of the classic Universal monsters and Nightcrawlers is really good flick IMO.

Cory Finley's Bad Education is great. I love this hook and Gosling is a gem.

Nomis wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 4:31 am
Cory Finley's Bad Education is great. I love this hook and Gosling is a gem.
Thoroughbreds was thoroughly enjoyable too.

heck yes, Invisible Man was great