The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
'Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' TV Series in the Works at Amazon
Amazon is looking to revive The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

The streamer is developing a project centered on Lisbeth Salander, the hacker character at the center of Stieg Larsson's best-selling Millennium trilogy of Swedish crime novels. The potential series comes from Left Bank Pictures (The Crown, Outlander).

Instead of adapting Larsson's novels, however, the effort would place the character in today's world, with a new setting, new characters and a new story that's designed to resonate with fans of the original work, as well as pull in new viewers.

The project comes Amazon Studios and Left Bank Pictures in association with Sony Pictures TV; Sony released the David Fincher-directed 2011 film based on The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, which starred Rooney Mara as Lisbeth. Left Bank founder and CEO Andy Harries and Rob Bullock will executive produce. A writer isn't attached yet.

Larsson's novels, all published after his death in 2004, were massive hits, with more than 60 million copies sold worldwide. All three (Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest) were also adapted for feature films in Sweden that starred Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth.

The book series has since been continued with author David Lagercrantz writing three additional books featuring Lisbeth and journalist Mikael Blomkvist (played by Daniel Craig in Fincher's film).

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo is the latest in a string of projects for Amazon that are based on well-known books, including the streamer's big-budget Lord of the Rings series as well as Bosch, Jack Ryan, The Boys, The Man in the High Castle and the upcoming Jack Reacher, Daisy Jones and the Six and Wheel of Time. Amazon is also developing an Alex Cross series based on James Patterson's novels.

Variety first reported the news.

Lmao exactly.

Fincher's mature trilogy wasn't meant to be so fuck this.

The only version I'd consider rewatching is the Swedish original film.

Batfan175 wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 5:56 am
The only version I'd consider rewatching is the Swedish original film.
As someone who doesn’t ever consider Fincher’s film amazing or near the top of his filmography...lmfao. I am due a rewatch of it though.

These movies seem to have a tough time for some reason. The original Swedish film was very good, but the sequels didn’t work as well for me. There was something off about them, though I can’t place what besides them having some pretty damn cheesy elements.

Fincher’s version was excellent in my opinion. Definitely equal to the Swedish version for me, though there were some things I did not like about it. Obviously The Girl in the Spider’s Web was not very good, though it was at least entertaining and cast well.

I assume for the series they are re-casting the roles yet again.