Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (2024)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

I think Comer could pass for a younger Charlize.

Don't know if she could, but she does pass for younger Betty Gilpin. It's uncanny.

Oh damn she does favor Gilpin a lot!

Artemis wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 11:12 am
I think Comer could pass for a younger Charlize.
I think so too. But I think it's going to be the performance that's really going to sell it.

They're both talented so either one would be good performance wise.

Hot take, but imo they should just go for it and de-age Theron. It was by all means HER role, and while I’m sure there are tons of great actresses who could do it justice, I honestly just want Theron as Furiosa. She looks great and doesn’t need the insanity amount of CGI to pass as someone in their 20s

I actually agree with Miller. Yeah it's impressive nowadays but I understand why he says it's not quite there yet. While quite a feat, it's still too noticeable or off-putting in some shots. I also think he'd rather put all the time and money spend on de-aging on literally anything else that needs time and money to make this film and the sequel to Fury Road a possibility.

Then again I also wouldn't mind if they just ask Theron back and we all pretend she's a decade younger lol, she looks great as she always does

Ruth wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 2:32 pm
Hot take, but imo they should just go for it and de-age Theron. It was by all means HER role, and while I’m sure there are tons of great actresses who could do it justice, I honestly just want Theron as Furiosa. She looks great and doesn’t need the insanity amount of CGI to pass as someone in their 20s
Theron is irreplaceable and a goddess. But something to consider that the camera rig on Irishman is fucking massive and physically incompatible with how Miller shot almost any of Fury Road. No more sticking the camera in insane places to follow the action or insane camera movement. I'm sure they could plan around it, but it's a lot going against the tech when they can recast the part.

Not to mention, the young De Niro stuff in Irishman looked wonky as all fuck. Now, Theron now to young Theron isn't as big of a jump, but it's a valid concern.

And remember, Irishman cost an insane 160 million, around the same as Fury Road without shooting on insane locations, the action, the stunts, the schedule, all that. So that's a massive investment for a result that's far from a guarantee.

-Vader

Ruth wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 2:32 pm
A lot of people thought Max was Mel Gibson's role, but Hardy played it very well. I would definitely still prefer Theron come back, but I see the point in trying to make the film more authentic.