Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (2024)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Max is still Mel Gibson.

This? I don't know, a prequel doesn't sound that interesting to be honest.

if they really wanted to de age i think they'd have to start from scratch tech wise, since there hasn't yet been a successful proof of concept. this would obviously be risky and probably not worth the effort as it's not the "point" of the film like it was with irishman

That's right.

I wonder if Miller wants to deepen Furiosa's backstory so Theron can return in The Wasteland with perhaps tying some story elements back to this one.

Honestly the idea of Comer as Furiosa is so exciting, that I'm down with recasting.

Master Virgo wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 7:17 pm
Honestly the idea of Comer as Furiosa is so exciting, that I'm down with recasting.
I’m in the same boat but with Anya who to me for lack of a better word is just a movie star.

Master Virgo wrote:
May 21st, 2020, 7:17 pm
Same.

I guess what I ultimately find to be the saddest thing, if we ignore the circumstances of this specific movie/recast, is that the industry has a strong disdain for older women, and is ready to throw them out the minute a younger one appears. Obviously ageism is a thing applicable to male actors too, but to a degree that is 1000 times less so than with women.

And i think despite everything, this still plays into that, albeit unintentionally.

I wouldn't say ageism is really a thing with male actors. If anything they are not retiring them early enough.

You see plenty of them with faces that need de-aging to meet studios' standards and deteriorating physical qualities still in action films playing the lead roles. Like dude, enough is enough.

honestly yeah, thinking about this a bit further, i take my words back lol