Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (2024)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
This movie utilises a lot more CGI than Fury Road and you can tell if you watch the 2 first trailers they had released for each movies respectively. I don't know if some shots they put in the trailer are still unfinished or finalised. But some of them look a bit plastic.
However, watching this trailer made my blood boil so I think it's going to be a hell of a ride and I can't wait to watch it. Anya looks fantastic!

Btw Nolan had said that Fury Road worked as an inspiration for him. He said that he saw Fury Road he thought that everything could be done on a bluckbuster level and because of that he wanted to shoot Dunkirk without a script.
Andrew Jackson(the production VFX supervisor of Fury Road) worked with Christopher Nolan on Dunkirk, Tenet and Oppenheimer.

Deadline - Cannes 2024: What’s In The Mix? (Part One)
There has been a longstanding expectation that George Miller will be back at the festival with Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga. Cannes chief Thierry Frémaux himself has said he “hopes” it’ll be there and nothing we’re hearing so far indicates it won’t be at the festival. The film’s May 22 France release date and Miller’s long history with the festival make this a Cannes no-brainer.
Furiosa will be a welcome blockbuster at the event because a prevailing sentiment we’re hearing from studio and distribution sources is that this Cannes may not have quite the same blockbuster power of the last two editions, which featured the likes of Killers Of The Flower Moon, Indiana Jones And The Dial Of Destiny, Elemental, Top Gun: Maverick and Elvis. This could be cyclical or partly down to the strike.

There was a test screening on February 28, 2024.

Furiosa test screening - overwhelmingly positive response.News (self.madmax)
NO SPOILERS!
On Feb 28th, 7PM in Burbank, Los Angeles, a test screening of Furiosa took place.
All attendees signed very strict NDAs regarding this event but some of them shared their very general opinion on the film with me.

Furiosa is VERY GOOD. Really good. One person described it as a film for Mad Max fans first, general audiences second. While still being an amazing experience.

This makes me very hopeful for this film, especially after a mixed response to the trailer. BTW, the visuals have been upgraded significantly ever since.
We should also be seeing a new trailer very soon, the 'Furiosa' playlist was updated on WB official Youtube channel 2 days ago.
It's reddit so grain that salt or salt that grain to take.

Leo: “I can’t expose this person, I can’t expose any names but I heard it from a friend - another friend saw this film - and that person said that, ‘this [movie] is as good as Fury Road’ which has me over the moon. Guys, listen, we’re all gonna have to see it for ourselves, I’m going to have to see for myself before I put it on that level, but to hear somebody say that, wow, that’s got me very excited guys.”

In Style (Australia) - About Face
Charlee Fraser carved out a career as one of Australia's most successful models. For her second act, she's taking over the big screen
So Fraser moved to Byron, took up martial arts, volunteered at a farm and started learning Japanese at a local community college. It was then that her agent called about an audition for George Miller’s long-awaited Mad Max prequel, Furiosa. She’d been approached before about moving into acting but it hadn’t felt right. “Then I was like, I actually have space to explore this,” she says of why she accepted the offer. “You know, I’m out here trying new things, getting to know myself. So I was like, I've got nothing to lose.”

So she hired an acting coach for her audition monologue and after a subsequent Zoom call with Miller himself, she landed the role as Furiosa’s mother, Mary Jabassa. “I actually get so emotional when I talk about her,” Fraser says earnestly of the character. “She’s a warrior, she’s a leader of her community and she’s a mother. There’s just so much power in that trilogy that she holds. And I had such a beautiful journey getting to know all those parts of her and finding the warrior, mother and the leader in myself.”

Deadline - ‘Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga’ Confirmed For Cannes Film Festival
George Miller’s anticipated sequel Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga has been confirmed for the 77th Cannes Film Festival.

The film will be unveiled in the presence of Miller and cast led by Anya Taylor-Joy, Chris Hemsworth and Tom Burke in an Out of Competition Gala session on Wednesday, May 15.

The film had been widely anticipated as the opening film of this year’s edition but instead is playing on the second evening of the festival, which kicks off on May 14.

The Cannes premiere for the fifth instalment in the Mad Max franchise comes nine years after Warner Warner successfully launched Mad Max: Fury Road at Cannes in 2015.

They'll never top MMFR, but I'm really looking forward to this and hoping it'll be successful so Miller can hopefully follow up with another Mad Max.