Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (2024)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ace

That’s Chris Hemsworth?

of course miller makes him look more like thor than marvel ever did

a classic on the way

4N Legend wrote:
July 4th, 2022, 10:04 pm
of course miller makes him look more like thor than marvel ever did

a classic on the way
Thor in the Marvel comics does not have a beard so....this is hence even further away from what Marvel's version of Thor looks like LOL.

Worried by this trailer…but I hope I’m wrong when the movie comes out

Aw man many more months. :x

I've watched the trailer about 10 times. No 4K trailer yet. I think overall it looks pretty good, I want to see more of that city at night and the forest and other non-desert locations. There’s really only one shot that bugged me, the one where Hemsworth is being pelted by the ammo, though doing that practically would be quite painful.

The movie is undated (just says ‘2024’) in the trailer and WB promo materials on Facebook, they may not release it and Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes on the same day in May.

Rotten Tomatoes says that Alyla Browne is playing the younger Furiosa. She was in Miller’s previous movie.

This is the official website: https://www.furiosaamadmaxsaga.com/

im seeing folk being really weird about the cgi with this, george has always leaned in hard on cgi through all his movies, but he always makes it stylized, and the same is happening here imo, it looks great. people seem to have a bit of a boner for cgi looking realistic for some reason. these mad max movies are elevated on so many levels, be it colour, dialogue, effects, its all over the top, let the man cook!

There's a purported 4K trailer at digital-digest.com.

Looks even better, much higher bitrate.

The downloaded 1080p one on YouTube only clocks in around 38MB, while the DD 4K original one is 441MB. They have other alternative versions there too.

Entertainment Weekly - 'Furiosa' trailer reveals Anya Taylor-Joy in 'Mad Max' prequel
Furiosa takes place 45 years after the world collapsed. According to Taylor-Joy, who spoke on stage at CCXP, the movie "is a story grit, survival, and impossible hope."

Hemsworth plays Dementus, whom the actor described as "a very violent, insane, brutal person that is born from the Wasteland."

"He's a product of his environment, and there's an intensity to him there's a brutality," Hemsworth continued. "He has been birthed into a space where it's kill or be killed, and he's learned to rule with an iron fist. There's a charisma to him, and it's a manipulative charisma."

I'm sure this movie will be over the top to the point the cgi fits right in, just like Fury Road was.

These guys worked on Fury Road.