Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (2024)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 5:37 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 5:20 pm
Yeah, but the question is, did they think Theron is too old so let's go prequels now, in the first place?

Theron's performance was one of the most praised aspects of the film. Typically people don't abandon a popular star who has shined in a role to do prequels.
that's a pretty bad faith reading of miller considering he just made arguably the most progressive blockbuster of all time and made a woman the star of the uber-macho mad max series. i'm gunna give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

-Vader
This, pretty much.

I don't think Furiosa is even needed after such strong, insta-alltimer entry, but if and when it appears, I'll be there day one.

It's not necessarily on Miller. It could be what the company forced on him.

Master Virgo wrote:
July 10th, 2020, 2:07 am
It's not necessarily on Miller. It could be what the company forced on him.
i dunno mang, miller's a pretty uncompromising dude

-Vader

Historically. And I don't think he's at the age of compromise now either.

hell yea

Anya Taylor-Joy (prequel Furiosa): "I am currently in Belfast shooting a movie and I was here when I saw ‘Fury Road’ for the first time. I walked passed the cinema where I first was amazed by this incredible mind of George Miller. It’s difficult to put into words. I feel so humbled and grateful. I think the first thing I thought was ‘I am so excited to work so hard.’ The level of commitment that has been shown by those who came before me, I endeavor to match that. That makes me really excited. I have so much respect for the originators of this crazy world and this collection of characters. I am excited to work really hard." “I fell in love with Furiosa because of the way Charlize presented her. She did such an incredible job. It was so beautiful. I can’t even think about trying to step into her shoes. It has to be something different because it just can’t be done. […] I’ve already started dreaming about [Furiosa] and she’s coming in very strong. I’m so committed to working as hard as possible as I can. I always said that I wanted a role that I would have to give everything to, it wouldn’t just be my mind but my body, what I’m doing with myself when I’m not on set. I’m so excited for that and to push myself past the limits of what my brain thought was possible.” (October 14, 2020)

Chris Hemsworth: "Pretty damn fired up to be a part of a franchise that meant the world to me as a kid growing up in Australia. Mad Max was the pinnacle and a huge reason why I got into the business of telling stories. The fact that I'll have the honor of not only being directed by its original visionary in George Miller but also take part in Furiosa's origin story is incredibly exciting. Huge respect to George, Mel, Charlize, Tom and all the cast and crew who helped build this epic world. I'll do my best to continue the tradition of cinematic badassery 🙏👊" (October 13, 2020)

this film casts a shadow of sadness