Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 4:36 am
Batfan175 wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 3:51 am
Just a question: we got Wonder Woman, Shazam and Birds of Prey after Snyder put (and stopped putting) his stamp on the DC characters. Why do we now (want to?) go backwards?
I don't think people liked how much of a joke DC superhero films were during the Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad days. Who, if anyone, is nostalgic for that stuff and why?
People like that they took the characters, thematics and vision of the world and themes seriously, and doubled down between them being "comic-booky" and cerebral at once.

So to answer your question: those people. I'm not one of them, but I'm not going to pretend they don't exist because I feel differently.

-Vader
But a reason why MoS, BvS and SS are so easy to point to when people say that they are bad is because they take themselves so utterly seriously to be point of being humourless because the execution stinks so badly that the idea of taking anything in these films seriously becomes risible. Grimdark can be done well (Berserk) but it's certainly not been done well by the likes of Zack Snyder.

I guess I just don't see why there is a need to appease the fans of something that did not work and (importantly for the studio) did not perform as well financially as expected, contrary to films like Wonder Woman and Shazam.

Batfan175 wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 5:15 am
But a reason why MoS, BvS and SS are so easy to point to when people say that they are bad is because they take themselves so utterly seriously to be point of being humourless because the execution stinks so badly that the idea of taking anything in these films seriously becomes risible. Grimdark can be done well (Berserk) but it's certainly not been done well by the likes of Zack Snyder.

I guess I just don't see why there is a need to appease the fans of something that did not work and (importantly for the studio) did not perform as well financially as expected, contrary to films like Wonder Woman and Shazam.
You asked who wants them, not whether you or I agree. Don't be solipsistic.

-Vader

I strongly believe Batfan is the most elaborate, sophisticated troll. He gets to pull of same tricks on us every single time. He does it with detailed, careful and well written repeat of basically one opinion per thread. It's not a thought provoking engagement, a clash of opinions, it's not even a proper conversation since it's one sided. A waste of time.

Vader182 wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 3:01 pm
Batfan175 wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 5:15 am

You asked who wants them, not whether you or I agree. Don't be solipsistic.

-Vader
Where do you feel these films should go in terms of artistic vision and direction?

m4st4 wrote:
May 23rd, 2020, 4:58 pm
I strongly believe Batfan is the most elaborate, sophisticated troll. He gets to pull of same tricks on us every single time. He does it with detailed, careful and well written repeat of basically one opinion per thread. It's not a thought provoking engagement, a clash of opinions, it's not even a proper conversation since it's one sided. A waste of time.
Been saying this for years tbh.

Apparently Snyder is working on a trailer cut. His last approved trailer was this one:

2021 looks like it's going to be an interesting one for DCU:
Zack Snyder's Justice League
James Gunn's The Suicide Squad
Matt Reeves' Batman

I'm, so glad I signed the petition years ago, always believed it was real I was like what did he shoot if he doesn't have a cut?

CountDooku wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 12:05 am
I'm, so glad I signed the petition years ago, always believed it was real I was like what did he shoot if he doesn't have a cut?
Yikes. He shot what was in the theatrical cut? It's not like Whedon directed all of it.

Zack estimates 75% of theatrical was not his, ZS cut is floor level 30 mil. and current issue they have, union wise, is whether it's a 'version' or a 'new movie'... So yeah. All of that from today's interview with WB chairman.

Slashfilm folks argue theatrical wasn't even entirely Whedon as well. It's a mish mash of studio fingers to make a quick buck after what happened to Snyder privately and after they saw Whedon's comic relief mess.

Numbers wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 1:58 pm
CountDooku wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 12:05 am
Yikes. He shot what was in the theatrical cut? It's not like Whedon directed all of it.
Tonally that film is closer to AOU than it is to the Snyderverse.