Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nomis wrote:
August 23rd, 2020, 7:14 am
True, but I think that even despite it'll be largely the same in broad story strokes, we're still going to get an entirely different film. It looks different enough, gone are the horrendous lines and shots and CG (ok lol they obviously have not finished the CG yet but that's just common sense) and the likes. Also a different score lol

They said the miniseries/film will also be on other streaming services. So here's hoping it doesn't only come to Netflix but that they'll do a HDR remaster just in time. I don't expect them to finish the film in 4K, but a remaster would be real nice
That's the thing. It will feel like a different movie in context with the unseen footage, different editing, different score and different color grading. But having these shots isolated like that in a trailer doesn't give me that impression at all. Yay, no ugly red color grading and some cool deleted shots... yay!

I hope in a year or two (after the film comes out) they do a 4K blu-ray release.

They can be two different versions of the same story and both still be badly made films for different reasons.

Tarssauce wrote:
August 23rd, 2020, 8:32 am
Nomis wrote:
August 23rd, 2020, 7:14 am
True, but I think that even despite it'll be largely the same in broad story strokes, we're still going to get an entirely different film. It looks different enough, gone are the horrendous lines and shots and CG (ok lol they obviously have not finished the CG yet but that's just common sense) and the likes. Also a different score lol

They said the miniseries/film will also be on other streaming services. So here's hoping it doesn't only come to Netflix but that they'll do a HDR remaster just in time. I don't expect them to finish the film in 4K, but a remaster would be real nice
That's the thing. It will feel like a different movie in context with the unseen footage, different editing, different score and different color grading. But having these shots isolated like that in a trailer doesn't give me that impression at all. Yay, no ugly red color grading and some cool deleted shots... yay!

I hope in a year or two (after the film comes out) they do a 4K blu-ray release.
there's still like, tons of material we haven't seen lol this is 4 hours and Whedon's version was 2 hours of which quite a lot was new material. math checks out

Nomis wrote:
August 23rd, 2020, 4:51 pm
there's still like, tons of material we haven't seen lol this is 4 hours and Whedon's version was 2 hours of which quite a lot was new material. math checks out
I’m not denying that but I just don’t think the teaser was good.

Hmm...

m4st4 wrote:
October 21st, 2020, 5:18 pm

Hmm...
release date incoming then?

as for this cast; it's sort of feels weird Heard is still being asked back. Since it seems like most of what happened between her and Depp was systemic from her side. Wonder if that case will actually lead to something, sometime lol