Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

So that comicbook movie based on comics meant for 12 year-old kids gets a rating that makes sure most of them don't even get to see it? LOL. I swear, DCEU fans are the kinds of people who will just not shut up about how supposedly deep and gritty something like Paw Patrol is.

On one hand: I guess I'm happy for Snyder that after all the ordeal he had to go through he finally managed to deliver his dream project the way he originally planned to. This is an inspiring story for any filmmaker.

On the other hand: I... just never thought Snyder made good films. And in his interviews or online comments he sometimes comes off sooo arrogant, especially when talking about Batman and this new Justice League. He really, really seems like a guy who is missing the point about this whole comic book phenomenon, with his fixation on an R rating (with tons of fake CGI blood, I presume), profanity and violence. I really don't have much trust in him as a filmmaker, and don't sympathize with his approach to these stories.

But I am still going to watch Justice League, because the original version was trash. It was barely a film, and I am curious how much better Snyder's version can be. But I don't want to pretend that I enjoyed any of his previous films, including 300, Man of Steel, BvS or even Watchmen.

If the film turns out to be trash (not necessarily going to be the case but Synder's past films don't leave me exactly hopeful at this point) at least the Snyder fans won't have any excuse left: it will have been his vision, his abilities (or lack thereof) as a storyteller that will have delivered them a terrible film and don't let them convince you of anything else if that happens.

Batfan175 wrote:
February 4th, 2021, 4:24 pm
If the film turns out to be trash (not necessarily going to be the case but Synder's past films don't leave me exactly hopeful at this point) at least the Snyder fans won't have any excuse left: it will have been his vision, his abilities (or lack thereof) as a storyteller that will have delivered them a terrible film and don't let them convince you of anything else if that happens.
Yep, kind of like D & D with the last season of Thrones.

Allstar wrote:
February 4th, 2021, 7:44 pm
Batfan175 wrote:
Joke doesn't work since D&D delivered 6, or arguably even 7, seasons of greatness.

LelekPL wrote:
February 5th, 2021, 2:47 am
Allstar wrote:
Batfan175 wrote:
Joke doesn't work since D&D delivered 6, or arguably even 7, seasons of greatness.
Joke doesn't work because it's wrong: having to be faithful to a book that hasn't been published, not even written, and of which you know only the basics of the arcs of the main characters is a very big constraint.

Demoph wrote:
February 5th, 2021, 6:00 am
LelekPL wrote:
February 5th, 2021, 2:47 am
Allstar wrote:

Joke doesn't work because it's wrong: having to be faithful to a book that hasn't been published, not even written, and of which you know only the basics of the arcs of the main characters is a very big constraint.
Joke doesn't work because I can actually make the case as to why the ending of that show was great.

This looks GOOD!