Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I am shocked, shocked I tell you...well not that shocked.

I can't make its tickets sold out in five minutes, but often we got told we're the minority. The DCEU completely fell apart after he got fired for Whedon. Wouldn't it be cool if Justice League sequels have gotten sold to Netflix? It would make it easier on Gunn if they sold it to Netflix people would stop taunting him. It's a win-win for all parties. The poster for Snydercon has three fingers down and five fingers up, some have said it's goodbye, and others have said that it conveys we're getting justice league part 2. And part 3, to finish the five-movie plan, Zack revealed. The fans picked up the significance and will discuss it in April in packed rooms.

https://comicbookmovie.com/justice-leag ... #gs.tqp9xo

It always amuses me that if you made a Venn diagram of Snyder fans, MAGA voters and anti-science people it would just be one circle. It doesn't surprise me but it definitely amuses me.

LelekPL wrote:
March 27th, 2023, 1:56 pm
It always amuses me that if you made a Venn diagram of Snyder fans, MAGA voters and anti-science people it would just be one circle. It doesn't surprise me but it definitely amuses me.
Yeah, a big reason why I stayed away from Snyder's films is the toxic audience that worships the guy.

Got more interesting things to watch than a director expressing his love for Ayn Rand's pseudo-intellectual garbage through movies about guys in capes.

Batfan175 wrote:
March 28th, 2023, 9:05 am
LelekPL wrote:
Yeah, a big reason why I stayed away from Snyder's films is the toxic audience that worships the guy.

Got more interesting things to watch than a director expressing his love for Ayn Rand's pseudo-intellectual garbage through movies about guys in capes.
Zack Snyder did what he got employed to do the modernized Superman. 2021 was two years ago when we got the justice league. It sold out in five minutes this year in IMAX. I can't stress enough that point people who dislike the fans can't say we're a vocal minority when post-2017. No dc movie reached the dawn of justice. They fired a misunderstood genius. They tend to do that frequently. Donner, Burton, and Snyder, the series was never the same. The contempt for fans, we probably never get The Dark Knight trilogy today. Joel would have got more Batman films, and Bryan Singer would have directed his stalker man trilogy. We wouldn't have got Man of Steel.

LelekPL wrote:
Yeah, you can add teen trolls and Russian bots to this Venn diagram and it will remain the same.

CaviezelReese wrote:
April 13th, 2023, 1:12 pm
Batfan175 wrote:
March 28th, 2023, 9:05 am
LelekPL wrote:

Zack Snyder did what he got employed to do the modernized Superman. 2021 was two years ago when we got the justice league. It sold out in five minutes this year in IMAX. I can't stress enough that point people who dislike the fans can't say we're a vocal minority when post-2017. No dc movie reached the dawn of justice. They fired a misunderstood genius. They tend to do that frequently. Donner, Burton, and Snyder, the series was never the same. The contempt for fans, we probably never get The Dark Knight trilogy today. Joel would have got more Batman films, and Bryan Singer would have directed his stalker man trilogy. We wouldn't have got Man of Steel.
LOL Shazam and Birds of Prey are much better than anything Zack Snyder can direct.

No DC movie did better than Dawn of Justice, other than Joker and Aquaman in the span of 4 years before the world went into the Pandemic era.

Wonder Woman only made 50 million less with a budget nearly half as much as Dawn.

Zach Snyder's Justice League underperformed on HBO Max, just like everything else Snyder has done post 300. He had his chance.

Master Virgo wrote:
April 14th, 2023, 2:34 am
No DC movie did better than Dawn of Justice, other than Joker and Aquaman in the span of 4 years before the world went into the Pandemic era.

Wonder Woman only made 50 million less with a budget nearly half as much as Dawn.

Zach Snyder's Justice League underperformed on HBO Max, just like everything else Snyder has done post 300. He had his chance.
It's evident when looking at diminishing box office returns. Most people were fine with the early DCEU films. Joss alienated fans. The Snyder cut is a hit.HBO Max said it was. At the 2021 WarnerMedia Upfront, Warner Media declared the film was "a hit" Max original. Priya Dogra, president of WarnerMedia Entertainment Networks for Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia-Pacific, declared the film a "global phenomenon" during a presentation for HBO Max Europe. It is up to them to continue or move on. I am lingering to hear from Zack that it's over, not the studio that denied the validity of the Snyder cut and made a superb writer Chris Terrio look inadequate for years, and that guy won an Oscar. Terrio should be in charge of DC films, not Gunn or Safran Aquaman was a hit because it embraced the Snyder film, not the Whedon cut, don't forget Zack wrote wonder woman. He didn't write 1984, and look what happened.

Zack Snyder is not a very good writer or director. I think it's just this basic.