Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Reactions on twitter are arriving, and they can be a bit excessive...

Now, get ready for #restorethesnyderverse to trend...
But nice to see some positive reactions though.

WB's best movie :D Yeah, sure. Also: I love when I read a tweet saying it's this good and that great, then it goes on saying something like "if you liked BvS, you're gonna love this"... like... that is extremely off-putting.

Well, that’s great news for me cause I love BvS.
So excited for Thursday!!!!!

"WB's best movie" WTF?
I mean, I'm glad they liked it...but Warner Brothers made Caddyshack...if it tops that, then it will be the best movie EVER MADE!

From my two faves :)

And it’s maybe more personal than ever. As is well-known by now, Snyder’s departure from Justice League was tragic: He had lost his daughter and didn’t feel up to fighting the studio on all the changes they wanted while also dealing with his grief. The film’s plot was already suffused with loss and traumatized families; so many superhero tales are, but this one, with its overlapping tales of children and parents lost, was something else altogether. It’s not hard to look at this latest cut, the product of $70 million worth of VFX, reedits, and reshoots, and sense a newfound power in its vision of sacrifice and tragedy, in which parents toil to save their children, children toil to save their parents, where the dead rise, and where shattered pasts are rewritten and redeemed. The Snyder Cut has its share of problems — when you get the best of Snyder, you also get the worst — but it’s an undeniably passionate and moving work. It earns its self-importance.
- Bilge Ebiri

Bottom line: I don't see how it's possible to put this version of the project next to the 2017 version and not recognize that it's superior in every way.

This four-hour cut is the kind of brazen auteurist vision that Martin Scorsese was calling for when he complained (rightly) that most modern superhero movies don't resemble cinema as he's always understood and valued it.

It owes as much to rock concerts, video games, and multimedia installations as it does to commercial narrative filmmaking. It's maddening. It's monumental. It's art.
- Matt Zoller Seitz, 3.5/4

Right now it stands at 53/100 on metacritic, compared to 45/100 for the theatrical cut.

Better than 44/100 for BvS and slightly worse than 55/100 for MoS.

Snyder rises.

No words. We’ve been blessed.

WB... we need to talk. How? Why?

Yeah, it's an entirely different movie. It's vastly superior. But it's still messy and problematic. It's a 3/5 at best.