Untitled Tom Cruise/NASA/SpaceX Project (TBD)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
EXCLUSIVE: I’m hearing that Tom Cruise and Elon Musk’s Space X are working on a project with NASA that would be the first narrative feature film – an action adventure – to be shot in outer space. It’s not a Mission: Impossible film and no studio is in the mix at this stage but look for more news as I get it. But this is real, albeit in the early stages of liftoff.
https://deadline.com/2020/05/tom-cruise ... 202925849/
Last edited by antovolk on May 6th, 2020, 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ground control to Major Tom

The sequel will be shot entirely on the Moon

I hope this project happens.

I can't fucking wait.

I thought about it and I'm kind of worried. At first it sounds like a home run. But when you think of the logistics... How is it going to work? Because they can't just send Cruise. They would need to send the whole crew. The operator, lighting crew at the very least (I guess the DP can work from the ground). That's a huge cost and I really don't want the first movie sequence shot in space to be shot with a handheld camera, Blair Witch style, or with static CCTV like cameras. I guess this is the project Nolan and Cruise should collaborate on and direct it with IMAX cameras... I just don't know how they would do it.

LelekPL wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 2:07 am
I thought about it and I'm kind of worried. At first it sounds like a home run. But when you think of the logistics... How is it going to work? Because they can't just send Cruise. They would need to send the whole crew. The operator, lighting crew at the very least (I guess the DP can work from the ground). That's a huge cost and I really don't want the first movie sequence shot in space to be shot with a handheld camera, Blair Witch style, or with static CCTV like cameras. I guess this is the project Nolan and Cruise should collaborate on and direct it with IMAX cameras... I just don't know how they would do it.
You can take up three private passengers at a time. Ger a skeleton crew for this.

https://spaceflightnow.com/2020/03/05/a ... e-station/

An IMAX movie directed by Nolan and starring thé real action star right now. Now that would put a smile on my face!

MorenoVL wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 2:59 am
An IMAX movie directed by Nolan and starring thé real action star right now. Now that would put a smile on my face!
I honestly feel - as they pioneered getting these cameras into space years before Nolan started using them for features - IMAX absolutely have to be somehow involved with this.

Nolan and Cruise together though... I have no idea if that's gonna work at all, both massive creative egos.

They already have the gear up there, the RED camera's. Go check out the footage, it's amazing. You only need to bring Cruise, a director and DOP up there and you are good to go.