Untitled Tom Cruise/NASA/SpaceX Project (TBD)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Liman and Cruise going up there next October....in between MI7 and 8? Would have thought it wasn't gonna be until after MI8 is done...

Aren’t they shooting MI 7 & 8 back to back? Principal photography at least.

This is beyond insanity tho.

Tarssauce wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 6:38 pm
Aren’t they shooting MI 7 & 8 back to back? Principal photography at least.

This is beyond insanity tho.
I'd imagine given they only started shooting 7 the other week... there's no way they can be done with filming both, and get the training in before flying up there in October next year.

Was not expecting this project to begin this soon...wow

antovolk wrote:
September 21st, 2020, 6:40 pm
I'd imagine given they only started shooting 7 the other week... there's no way they can be done with filming both, and get the training in before flying up there in October next year.

Was not expecting this project to begin this soon...wow
But then they must move 8 further because the current dates might be based on them shooting both at the same time.

It’s not like they’re taking a flight or traveling on a private jet :P They must’ve jumped at the opportunity. I’m anxious for everyone involved. Space travel has gone a long way but it’s scary as hell. You’re literally attached to a rocket and sent to the vacuum of space. This is a huge commitment.

Now, if it’s true an actress will join, who will be brave enough to do it?

What if this is MI 8? :think: I mean that would be fitting :lol:

ESQ: It's really interesting you're going from telling this story of isolation while you're preparing to shoot a movie in space, which I’m imagining already has isolation baked into it.

DL: The connection between the movies is that, the [Locked Down producer who said] “every actor is available,” is the same producer a year before said to me, "Why don't we come up with a movie to shoot in outer space?" Cut to Tom Cruise is signed on, SpaceX is signed on, NASA has signed on. So, when that same producer said, “Let's make a movie this September in two months,” I was open to listening because the last time he said something crazy, NASA and SpaceX committed. When I finish the space film, when I look back, I'm not sure which of the movies will ultimately have been more audacious. But certainly Locked Down will give me the confidence going forward to just disregard the word impossible—which I already know that Tom Cruise has. That's part of his magic as a filmmaker. He just doesn't hear the word “impossible.”

ESQ: I know you're limited in what you can share about that movie—but what kind of story are you maybe hoping to tell in the film?

DL: I think that humans successfully launching ourselves into space and into the moon and soon beyond—it's such an incredible human accomplishment. So, I'm eager to give people the real experience of what it means to go into outer space. At the same time, I make contrarian movies. I have a take on how to do a film that takes place in outer space that's unlike any film that's ever been done that deals with space. That's really what Tom fell in love with. We're going into space because that is in fact the best way to tell the story. But the reason we're telling the story is because of the story we're going to tell.
https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/m ... ise-space/

A couple other interviews as well: https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/m ... ise-space/ https://collider.com/tom-cruise-space-m ... interview/

However, shooting won't be this year after all. Cruise/Liman won't be on the first Axiom private mission, which is now scheduled for around January 2022

antovolk wrote:
January 26th, 2021, 10:17 am
ESQ: It's really interesting you're going from telling this story of isolation while you're preparing to shoot a movie in space, which I’m imagining already has isolation baked into it.

DL: The connection between the movies is that, the [Locked Down producer who said] “every actor is available,” is the same producer a year before said to me, "Why don't we come up with a movie to shoot in outer space?" Cut to Tom Cruise is signed on, SpaceX is signed on, NASA has signed on. So, when that same producer said, “Let's make a movie this September in two months,” I was open to listening because the last time he said something crazy, NASA and SpaceX committed. When I finish the space film, when I look back, I'm not sure which of the movies will ultimately have been more audacious. But certainly Locked Down will give me the confidence going forward to just disregard the word impossible—which I already know that Tom Cruise has. That's part of his magic as a filmmaker. He just doesn't hear the word “impossible.”

ESQ: I know you're limited in what you can share about that movie—but what kind of story are you maybe hoping to tell in the film?

DL: I think that humans successfully launching ourselves into space and into the moon and soon beyond—it's such an incredible human accomplishment. So, I'm eager to give people the real experience of what it means to go into outer space. At the same time, I make contrarian movies. I have a take on how to do a film that takes place in outer space that's unlike any film that's ever been done that deals with space. That's really what Tom fell in love with. We're going into space because that is in fact the best way to tell the story. But the reason we're telling the story is because of the story we're going to tell.
https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/m ... ise-space/

A couple other interviews as well: https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/m ... ise-space/ https://collider.com/tom-cruise-space-m ... interview/

However, shooting won't be this year after all. Cruise/Liman won't be on the first Axiom private mission, which is now scheduled for around January 2022
Many films about space and travel seem to be out of touch with reality. They often do not agree very well with the real laws of physics. So it surprises me that world leaders kind of show their support for science fiction. Why did I think so about this question? Just read the articles at https://www.skyrora.com/ about the company's developments and learned a lot of new interesting things. It was a practical discovery for me that it is possible to track not only processes in the atmosphere, but also on the surface of the Earth. Why was this a discovery? Because I’ve already got used to thinking that since satellites are put into orbit, it’s for space research, weather or the Internet.