RIP Irrfan Khan

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Irrfan Khan, the wide-eyed actor who enjoyed art house acclaim in his native India and crossover-success with Hollywood roles including “Life of Pi,” “Jurassic World” and “Inferno,” died on Wednesday. He was 53.

Khan, was previously diagnosed with a neuroendocrine tumour in 2018 and underwent extensive treatment in London. He recovered well enough to shoot what would turn out to be his last film “Angrezi Medium,” the release of which was abruptly cut short due to the spread of the coronavirus pandemic in March.

On Tuesday, he was admitted into the intensive care unit of Mumbai’s Kokilaben hospital with a colon infection.

After a brief stint in television, Khan made his film debut with a cameo in 1988 with Mira Nair’s Oscar-nominated “Salaam Bombay.” He returned to Indian television for the next decade. He shot to global prominence playing the lead in Asif Kapadia’s BAFTA winner “The Warrior” in 2001.

His major breakthrough in Indian cinema was in 2004 where he played Macbeth in Vishal Bharadwaj’s “Maqbool” and the antagonist in Tigmanshu Dhulia’s “Haasil.” In 2011, his turn as a soldier-turned-bandit in Dhulia’s “Paan Singh Tomar” earned him India’s National Award for best actor.

Internationally, Khan’s most visible performances include “Slumdog Millionaire,” “Life of Pi,” “The Namesake,” “Jurassic World,” “The Amazing Spider-Man” and “Inferno.” He starred in 2017 film “The Song of Scorpions,” a Variety award nominee at the Locarno Festival.

Khan’s mother passed away in Jaipur a few days ago and he had to witness the funeral remotely via video link from Mumbai due to the ongoing coronavirus lockdown in India.

He is survived by his wife Sutapa and sons Babil and Ayan.
https://variety.com/2020/film/asia/irrf ... 234592705/

2020 just keeps taking everything good away from us.

A monumental loss.
RIP

Incredibly sad to hear about this. He was too young :cry: 2020 is not planning to stop, is it.

RIP

Irrfan Khan is one of my all time favorite actors.

Ever.

I'm absolutely heart-broken.

What a sad news! RIP.

So sad. He was young too 😢

RIP to a legend

I loved everything I saw him in. A huge loss. RIP indeed.