Coronavirus v Cinema: Dawn of Streaming

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
except that's something we can never know so its just a silly jab at 2049

Yes, this tweet is easy mockery. If Villeneuve didn't want to take risks, he wouldn't make films. Villeneuve knows what's at stake for him.

Republican and Democratic leaders in the House and Senate announced on Sunday a compromise COVID relief bill, a bill which if passed and signed by President Trump will provide financial support to a number of companies in the entertainment space.

The bill includes $15 billion earmarked specifically for live event venues, independent movie theaters and cultural institutions, all businesses hit hard by the pandemic. It also expands the eligibility of the Paycheck Protection Program to include local TV and radio broadcasters, as well as newspapers.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ent-venues

oh shit

I guess he'll go to Paramount

I don't now why but I doubt Nolan can fully fund his next project solely with his own Syncopy

Nomis wrote:
January 22nd, 2021, 11:55 am
oh shit

I guess he'll go to Paramount

I don't now why but I doubt Nolan can fully fund his next project solely with his own Syncopy
He can fund it with his own money, but distribution is an issue.
I'm not convincend it's already certain that he leaves WB, I can see him bluffing. His main fear is that AT&T is pushing for Warner to have more control at the expense of the artists, and he could just try to show Warner that without the artists making the films, they lose most of their value.

speaking of at&t