Coronavirus v Cinema: Dawn of Streaming

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I’m of the opinion that the studios have handled this terribly and if I was a theatre owner I would be talking to lawyers. I’m not saying they have a case, but they are victims of corporate negligence.

Poland just had its record daily cases. We've never had that many to begin with but just this number started talks of another lockdown. This will probably mean cinema closures again.

LelekPL wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 7:53 am
Poland just had its record daily cases. We've never had that many to begin with but just this number started talks of another lockdown. This will probably mean cinema closures again.
No more lockdowns, only measures and group gatherings cut. Same goes for fall/winter.
Unless you're fuckall USA before November and hopefully Biden, that's going to become a standard.

Our company announced few days back that all our offices will be closed (except for security and facility employees) till 31 December and all employees to continue working from home till then.

Disney v Nolan: Dawn of Cinema

Oh boy...

It's kind of a baffling decision on Disney's part, tbh. Don't forget Kaufman's I'm Thinking of Ending Things is out September 4th too.

-Vader

It's a weird one because it's either you piss off the majors who'll throw an even bigger hissy fit than the Universal debacle if Disney attempts to day and date this, or you piss off the indies who (at least here in the UK) don't give two shits at this point about the theatrical exclusivity window and would be super happy to show it. (In fairness it's only the major majors - AMC-owned Odeon, Regal's parent company Cineworld and boutique branch Picturehouse, and Vue - are the ones holding onto the 16 week window).

But in any case the film simply had to come sooner rather than later because of all the spent marketing. Absolutely cackling at this launching same weekend as Tenet's US rollout though.

You guys, what even is this fucking year. The world has gone mad. I'm watching that Trump interview and then I'm watching that terrible explosion at the port and the cinema is dying. Is this it, our solid run on this Earth coming to an end?

m4st4 wrote:
August 5th, 2020, 3:01 pm
Is this it, our solid run on this Earth coming to an end?
checks list
  • massacres
    multiple genocides just in the last AND this century
    world wars
    slavery
    the atom bomb
    racism
    misogyny
    homophobia
    xenophobia
    nationalism
    crusades and all of the other shit we did in the name of religion
    causing entire animal species to go extinct
    child labor
    we created plastic
    burned books
    ate tide pods
    invented advertising
    raped, conquered and destroyed entire regions and cultures reducing them to almost nothing

did we honestly even have a solid run ? bc 2020 is making me doubt everything in a not so “r/im14andthisisdeep” way

It's love TARS, love

So I give u checkmate Ruthmeister

Love conquers all
lol k can someone close the Tesseract now pls? I'm so done