Coronavirus v Cinema: Dawn of Streaming

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
There appear to be some models on sale now, I just Googled and LG has released one already. I'd wager really the best if you can't get Filmmaker Mode is to splurge on a Sony.

“In a setting where we’re not talking, we’re just passively breathing and wearing masks, it might be a safer bet than a noisy, crowded bar. At movie theaters, if you’re not eating popcorn, you’re just sitting there with your mask on.” - Jade Finn, Johns Hopkins Medicine
Finally, more scientists talking about cinemas in particular...cautious optimism that's even making me slightly more at ease with the prospect of Tenet OW IMAX 70mm. The more we get opinions from them the better, whichever way they go - and just furthermore shows…yeah, masks, masks and once again masks, and no concessions.

Aaand here comes the first data from actual industry task forces as opposed to individual exhibitors or other parties commissioning them for own PR...if there’s anything that may make WB start considering delays, this is it

maybe UK culture is different from US, but I absolutely promise you people here are thirsty as fuck to go outside

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 6:55 pm
maybe UK culture is different from US, but I absolutely promise you people here are thirsty as fuck to go outside

-Vader
Google ‘socially distanced conga’ :lol: Yeah, folks here are just as thirsty about going outside. But outside then inside into a cinema? Idk, maybe people are more sensible in that regard...except for when it comes to pubs of course

antovolk wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 7:13 pm
Vader182 wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 6:55 pm

-Vader
Google ‘socially distanced conga’ :lol: Yeah, folks here are just as thirsty about going outside. But outside then inside into a cinema? Idk, maybe people are more sensible in that regard...except for when it comes to pubs of course
Time will tell. I also think a possible phenomenon is that people will go in the limited numbers we know they will, and word of mouth will spread about the perceived effectiveness and also inconvenience of the safety procedures. Also, word of mouth for good movies will matter a lot too.

-Vader

Polls are given too much credence. People tell you one thing and go on and do the opposite. Also, often people will answer the way they expect the questioner wants them to,i.e, in this case, that it's too dangerous right now to go to movie theaters. I'll never completely trust public polls again after they all ensured me in 2016 that there's no way that Trump was gonna win.

radewart wrote:
June 3rd, 2020, 8:43 pm
Polls are given too much credence. People tell you one thing and go on and do the opposite. Also, often people will answer the way they expect the questioner wants them to,i.e, in this case, that it's too dangerous right now to go to movie theaters. I'll never completely trust public polls again after they all ensured me in 2016 that there's no way that Trump was gonna win.
As I've said before, if you polled 1000 college kids whether they'll get shitfaced that weekend and it's a public poll, plenty of them will say "only a few drinks" or "of course not" but we all know many (most) would get plastered.

Polls like these mostly ascertain people's impression of what they should do, not what they will.

-Vader

I mean, the full quote is this:
“Nothing is 100 percent safe,” Lahita notes. “But I would say you’re 95 percent safe if you go to the movies [with all of the stated measures in place]. I don’t know about live theater, because the seating there is a little closer than in a big movie theater, and that could be a little dicey. Plus, the people onstage are screaming, yelling, singing … This may actually be the first time that orchestra seats are not a good idea.”

But if you go without a mask? “It’s like Russian roulette. You never know.”