The Last of Us (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I mean I would too, I just hope they are prepared for the storm.

prince0gotham wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 4:56 am
I mean I would too, I just hope they are prepared for the storm.
my biggest question right now is assuming if it is a straight adaptation of the games (and I'm not positive it will be), does that mean it'll be a two season deal, take 6 years off, then do a Season 3?

-Vader

If you mean like to wait for Part III to release yeah maybe, but like
If they ever go with the Joel-dies thing I think they'd put that at the end of a season not a beginning, and I don't think that'd be season 1, so if they do it at the end of 2 they might as well make 2 more seasons out of Part II (if it leans towards more faithful adaptation), so that's 4 seasons with the first one coming out late 2021 early 2022 earliest (assuming corona here) so that gives like 5, almost 6 years time for ND to release a third game.
Or they'll do something different and go freely about it.

At this point they couldn’t not be prepared for the storm imo.

How confident are we that there will be a part 3?

Considering how they came up with p2 even though p1 felt so complete i think p3 is a certainty. P2 fits the dark moment/middle act of a trilogy arc perfectly. P3 would be somewhat restorative but final.

the probability of part 3 existing in the future imo renders this entire series even more unnecessary

I need to see the cast.

So far the team is right and HBO means budget, but the cast needs to seal the deal.

I'm far more excited for potential Part III in 7-10 years though.

you say that but you'll be here spamming the hell out of this thread once the show nears! :oops:

Richard Armitage for Joel lol

I'd suggest Thomasin McKenzie or Kaitlyn Dever as Ellie a few years back but I guess they are a bit old now.

Then again they have to pick an age where it would potentially fit for season 2 as well in a year or two.

prince0gotham wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 2:51 pm
you say that but you'll be here spamming the hell out of this thread once the show nears! :oops:
Oh for sure. :D

It's just that nothing connected to television or film, new I mean, excites me these days because everything is part of that end of the tunel anyway. Games truck along but live action stuff is trickier.

Hopefully once they announce the casting it's on-point.