The King of Staten Island (2020)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Judd Apatow's “The King of Staten Island,” the semi-autobiographical dramedy about “SNL” comedian Pete Davidson growing up in Staten Island, including losing his father during 9/11 and entering the world of stand up comedy. Shot by “There Will Be Blood” Oscar winner Robert Elswit.
In due to being a fan of everyone involved. (yes i'm a secret apatow fanbot. i think i even liked This Is 40)

Forum Pro
Law
Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 8:54 pm
Judd Apatow's “The King of Staten Island,” the semi-autobiographical dramedy about “SNL” comedian Pete Davidson growing up in Staten Island, including losing his father during 9/11 and entering the world of stand up comedy. Shot by “There Will Be Blood” Oscar winner Robert Elswit.
In due to being a fan of everyone involved. (yes i'm a secret apatow fanbot. i think i even liked This Is 40)

There Will Be Blood is the first movie I saw alone in theaters, and is actually probably one of the first "indie" films I've seen. Consider me interested.. Elswit has a good eye

Str8 to VOD June 12
It’s the second Universal movie, following the studio’s animated adventure Trolls World Tour, to experiment with premium video on demand while audiences are stuck at home during the pandemic.
After the unexpected success of Trolls World Tour, which Universal claims set a new record for digital rentals, the studio had been mulling the possibility of amending release plans for “The King of Staten Island” since it’s unclear when movie theaters across the country will be able to resume business.
also hey film

A pity that something shot by Elswit goes straight to VOD.
By the way cast includes Chalamet's sister and Apatow's daughter. I liked how Apatow cast his family in his earlier films. I guess it will be different here, since the hero is more inspired by Davidson than him.
I wouldn't say I'm a fan of Apatow, but I'm always interested to see what he does, and Funny people is very underrated.

Elswit's Roman J Isreal and Velvet Buzzsaw looked a bit m e h tbh but maybe he's turned around lol

Interested in this. Also hope Pauline Chalamet has the same talent as her brother.

your work can only be as good as the film ;)

idk Deakins work on The Goldfinch was pretty damn beautiful (and the movie is bad lol)

if it's not in service of anything then they just pretty picz

lol they iz