Don't Look Up (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Netflix is fast tracking Adam McKay's new sci-fi satire film Don't Look Up. He's returning to comedy ground and has Jennifer Lawrence in the leading role. The film will start shooting in April and is scheduled to be released at the end of the year.

McKay:
[it's a] dark satire in the school of Wag the Dog, Doctor Strangelove and Network, if it is half as good as any of them, I will be happy.”
source

WTF???
I guess some will just have a cameo like Robbie or Gomez in The Big Short. Anchorman 2 has a fight scene with an incredible list of cameo too.
Anyway, excited for this, I enjoyed all McKay's film and love The Big Short. Vice was nice in many ways, but also a letdown after TBS. I hope he can make something on the level of TBS again.

Chammyyyy

Insane cast. Not crazy about McKay but I love when Leo does comedy and he’s reteaming with Hill which is awesome. This should be really fun and sounds less “serious” than Big Short and Vice. Obviously I wish Leo worked with PTA instead lol, obviously just wasn’t the right time for whatever reason. It will happen one day.

Btw, Robert Richardson is shooting this. :shock:

Having Meryl Streep and Cate Blanchett in the same movie should be made illegal.

Yeah that’s a pretty big flex.

Rick Yorn repping Lawrence now is going to do fantastic things for her career and choices. He reps Marty too. I expect a lot more auteur work for her (this isn’t one) going forward. But yeah what a cast this has, wish I could read the script to see what attracted them. McKay said this is very much a comedy and not like Vice, that’s good news for me.

sci-fi satire film ? :oops:

Pioneerr wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 9:16 am
sci-fi satire film ? :oops:
McKay is -as he should- very concerned with climate change, to the point where I don't think he would spend three years of his life on a project where he couldn't express that concern with his usual mix of anger and comedy.

@Allstar, she already did Mother so... It doesn't get much more "auteur" than that in Hollywood.

idk but this cast bores me