Don't Look Up (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
News media sensationalizes everything, it wants eye balls. It does not play down threats as evident from extensive pandemic coverage. We do not have charismatic news anchors. We have poker face 'deeply concerned' people.

When jokes after jokes after jokes do not land and you go on it takes a passive aggressive characteristic. This movie is not original & mediocrity should not shout in my face. Red Notice knew this very well.

I left this movie midway and am thankful to critics at large who saw it for what it was.

This movie basically said 'I have a super urgent message. There is an emergency. And I am supposed to entertain you?

'Why are you a movie then?'

No matter how hard I tried to force myself, I just couldn't watch this. I tried to but I switched it off after 20 minutes - I know it's probably my fault, but it just all felt too, too, too obvious and on-the-nose and I just really didn't care. The whole experience was cringeworthy for me, and this is something I felt with Vice as well, so that's part of the reason why I was skeptical from the get-go. I loved The Big Short, so with Vice I felt that McKay went overboard with his style and the so-called "satirical" elements. Here, it was all-out from the moment they stepped into the Oval Office, and I just didn't want to sit through the rest. I am not saying this makes it a bad film - how would I know as I only watched 20 minutes of it. But I was conviced by those 20 minutes that I don't care for the rest, so... I think I'll just rewatch The Big Short.

Nominated for besr picture oscar.

Don't Look Up is masterpiece filmmaking. :D

Atleast it didn't receive a directing nom