Don't Look Up (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Short clip at the end of this video:

Mark Rylance And Michael Chiklis Join Adam McKay’s ‘Don’t Look Up’ At Netflix
Mark Rylance and Michael Chiklis are the latest to join the all-star cast of Adam McKay’s next film Don’t Look Up. They join a cast that already includes Jennifer Lawrence, Leonardo DiCaprio, Meryl Streep, Rob Morgan, Cate Blanchett, Chris Evans, Jonah Hill, Himesh Patel, Timothée Chalamet, Ariana Grande, Kid Cudi, Matthew Perry and Tomer Sisley.

The film is currently in production.

McKay will write, direct and co-produce along with Kevin Messick under McKay’s Hyperobject Industries Banner.

The film follows two low-level astronomers who embark on a media tour to warn mankind of an approaching asteroid that will destroy Earth.

Leonardo DiCaprio Spent Five Months Toying with ‘Don’t Look Up’ Script Before Agreeing to Star
“I think he’s amazing and I love his work, but I just thought there’s no way he’s going to do this because if I could only work with Martin Scorsese, I would only work with Martin Scorsese,” McKay quipped. “I would be Martin Scorsese’s assistant on set. So why would he do this with me? But as it turns out he really loved the script. We went back and forth on it. It was about a four-to-five month process with us just kicking around ideas. We took a break for the quarantine, and lo and behold once we figured out a theoretically safe way to shoot this movie, he was in. I couldn’t believe it. It’s no surprise he’s fabulous in the movie. He’s so damn good.”

McKay continued, “He’s really funny. Really grounded. It’s a great mix and it was perfect with Jen Lawrence, who is the same way. She’s crazy funny but grounded. When you had those two as our main people, the style of the movie was set.”
https://www.indiewire.com/2021/04/leo-d ... 234632296/

DiCaprio rises

Ace

Super lame

Booooooooooooriiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnggggg!

A modern Dr Strangelove? Already nervous as I hear it's 145 minutes. This thing really needs a rapier sharp 90 minute runtime.

The photography looks pretty though.

The film's humour seems tired... Vice wasn't really performing that well in that sense, either.

Ace