The Banshees of Inisheer (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
EXCLUSIVE: Martin McDonagh’s untitled next film that he set up for world rights at Searchlight Pictures will reteam him with his In Bruges stars Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson, sources said.

The film is set on a remote Irish isle, and they will play two lifelong friends who find themselves at an impasse when one abruptly ends their relationship with alarming consequences for both of them. It has a budget close to $20 million and will shoot this summer.
Film4 is producing. The pic’s financing was put together by CAA Media Finance with Film4.

The writer-director teamed with those actors and Ralph Fiennes in the McDonagh-scripted 2008 black comedy In Bruges, in which Farrell played a hitman who botches a job and is brought to the picturesque city in Belgium to enjoy himself before he is bumped off by a colleague (Gleeson). Turns out the hitman is suicidal because of the botched hit — a child was killed — and when his buddy halts his suicide attempt and refuses to bump him off, both of the assassins are targeted by their vicious boss (Fiennes). The pic was a big breakout directorial debut for McDonagh.

McDonagh directed his previous film for Searchlight, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, which won Oscars for Frances McDormand and Sam Rockwell.
https://deadline.com/2020/02/martin-mcd ... 202862064/

Holy shit!!!

you couldn't title it "Untitled Martin McDonagh Film?"

this man out here copying and pasting the entire headline in the subject line. that's how excited he is
Last edited by Artemis on February 18th, 2020, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Artemis wrote:
February 18th, 2020, 1:28 pm
you couldn't title it "Untitled Marting McDonagh Film?"

this man out here copying and pasting the entire headline in the subject line. that's how excited he is
That’s correct.
EXCLUSIVE UPDATE: I’ve heard from sources that Martin McDonagh has a title ready for his next movie, the one he’ll shoot this summer with In Bruges stars Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson in the lead roles. The film is titled The Banshees Of Inisheer.

Forum Pro
Law
Allstar wrote:
February 18th, 2020, 1:10 pm
The film is set on a remote Irish isle, and they will play two lifelong friends who find themselves at an impasse when one abruptly ends their relationship with alarming consequences for both of them.

Pumped as always for new McDonagh. The screenplay seems to be a rewritten version of an old, unproduced play as the end of a trilogy. I have seen both of the other two plays in the trilogy, and they were excellent, so I am even more excited to see what McDonagh has in store for us here.

oh god yes please literally pick up where IN BRUGES left off

Amazing news!

This should be filming right now and I am very sad it is not.

This is still on and filming later this year! Rejoice! My second most anticipated after Killers of the Flower Moon.

Robert Pattinson has joined the cast. :twothumbsup: