Amsterdam (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Michael B. Jordan joins Christian Bale, Margot Robbie in David O. Russell’s next film
Russell will direct from his own script. Plot details are being kept under wraps.

Russell was nominated for directing and screenplay Oscars for both “American Hustle” and “Silver Linings Playbook.” His most recent directing effort was Jennifer Lawrence’s 2015 drama “Joy” for Fox.

Executives are hoping to start production in the spring. Matthew Budman (“Joy,” “American Hustle”) is producing. New Regency will produce and distribute through their deal with 20th Century Studios — formerly known as Fox.
https://variety.com/2020/film/news/mich ... 203502244/

I dislike O. Russell but I like this cast.

Fuck.

Well I guess it’s another guaranteed Oscar nom for Bale and Robbie. Can’t say I give a shit about a Russell film....one he seemingly is a scumbag and 2. his last two movies sucked. Maybe this will actually be a good movie at least though... taking some time off was a good idea but already sensing a backlash and controversy to Russell resurfacing with such a huge A list cast and project.

I chuckled slightly at this tweet

Like everyone I knew about the abuse but does he have a history of groping?

LelekPL wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 4:32 am
Like everyone I knew about the abuse but does he have a history of groping?
He groped his niece

To quote Jimmy Fallon EW!

This is Chivo’s first movie since The Revenant. Long break for the master, wish it was something better though.

Emmanuel Lubezki work with someone who doesn't grope their family members please.

I guess Chivo likes to either work with the nicest and most lovely directors or the absolutely insufferable arsholes.