The Creator (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
nolannolanchrischris wrote:
June 24th, 2021, 5:56 pm
I’m really happy Gareth is making a movie again and this is a pretty neat cast.

I'm just glad this is moving forward and Edwards appears to be out of whatever hell he was in.

Greig Fraser is shooting this and it started production!

Good to know the people who worked with Gareth on Rogue One (Fraser and Kiri Hart) had a good working relationship with him to re-team with him here on an original Sci Fi.. kind of shows he’s a good guy and Disney were the assholes like usual. The fact Fraser one of the most in demand and hottest DP’s in the business chose this project as his follow up to Dune and The Batman speaks volumes to what he thinks of Edwards.

Ace

This looks so good. It's like Star Wars but not at the same time.

I hope there's more because the trailer definitely showed a lot. And I got used to taller aspect ratios so this looks a bit too cramped to me.

Not a superb trailer but the Gareth-Greig team up is compelling enough for me to want to see it in theaters, and i hooope they have the balls to go deep with the subject, fuck knows if its relevant now haha.

Plot seems like something we've seen a bunch before, but visually the movie is striking.

I liked the aesthetic and spectacle but the messaging was all over the place and often it made little sense even within the world it created. Overall it's worth seeing for the visual world building and Edwards direction but I would rather compare it to Elysium or Looper (both movies I enjoyed a bit more) than a new sci-fi classic as some were proclaiming it to be. A good sci-fi movie, that will find its fan base, but not a popular classic.