Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Lionsgate has reportedly already greenlit Rian Johnson‘s runaway hit whodunit Knives Out for a sequel, which made $247 million worldwide and had a $40 million budget.
Johnson told The Hollywood Reporter at Lionsgate's pre-Golden Globes party on Saturday night that he was already developing a sequel centered on Daniel Craig's Southern detective Benoit Blanc investigating a new case. The filmmaker added that he was eager to make the pic quickly, ideally in the next year.

:thumbup:

Thank god he's seemingly done with Lucasfilm

I don't think it necessarily means he's 100% done with Disney/Lucasfilm, but there's a possibility.

Nomis wrote:
January 6th, 2020, 10:58 am
I don't think it necessarily means he's 100% done with Disney/Lucasfilm, but there's a possibility.
I guarantee he’s done.

tbh him wanting this to go in production asap could very well mean he wants to do one more smaller project before starting work on star wars, since the latter would eat up a considerable amount of time

i’d be happy about a sequel, but idk if i want any of the other cast members to make an appearance in it. maybe focus on a different mystery and then have blanc enter to solve it

I take it for granted Blanc will be the only returning character. It would make the most sense. Knives Out is done.
hell the murder is solved lol also it was smart making Marta the heart of the story, considering the mystery but also so that they could have Blanc solve another murder in a sequel and here we are

I don't think he's likely working on Star Wars anymore (we'll probably know more in a few weeks), but his Star Wars movie would have hit at the earliest 2023.

He has plenty of time to make another one of these and still hit that date or later, so this isn't really evidence against him doing SW.

-Vader

Nomis wrote:
January 6th, 2020, 2:08 pm
I take it for granted Blanc will be the only returning character. It would make the most sense. Knives Out is done.
hell the murder is solved lol also it was smart making Marta the heart of the story, considering the mystery but also so that they could have Blanc solve another murder in a sequel and here we are
i think it would only make sense for marta to return as a cameo or only be mentioned in passing. the family is done.

idk, the local cops maybe? i enjoyed them all together and i guess you could write them in as having resigned from the police force to go on with blanc’s private investigating adventures as a team lmao. i would def watch that. but even that seems like a stretch.

I think at most
Marta could cameo if Blanc needs assistance on medical details. It's always repeated that she's a good nurse.

Artemis wrote:
January 6th, 2020, 2:22 pm
I think at most
Marta could cameo if Blanc needs assistance on medical details. It's always repeated that she's a good nurse.
A speculation on Reddit was that she becomes his mysterious benefactor to finance his investigations. Leaves room for a good cameo.