Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
anepicmoviereviewer wrote:
January 6th, 2020, 2:33 pm
Artemis wrote:
January 6th, 2020, 2:22 pm
I think at most
Marta could cameo if Blanc needs assistance on medical details. It's always repeated that she's a good nurse.
A speculation on Reddit was that she becomes his mysterious benefactor to finance his investigations. Leaves room for a good cameo.
I like that one best!

I don't know if bringing her back could be that much more than fan service. I'd rather they let her on the side than bring her back just to be there without any character development.
I'd like to see the two cops come back though.
If the film takes the perspective of Blanc, it can be an interesting change, and Johnson could make a real whodunnit, when Knives out was mostly a thriller in the end. So it wouldn't feel repetitive in terms of genre.
I just doubt Johnson's ability to imagine a crime, I mean I wasn't amazed by the final reveal in Knives out, and how everything took place. Of course, it wasn't the point, and the film was more about characters, which Agatha Christie also did sometimes (Five little pigs, Crime of the Orient Express, Ten little [removed]...) but my favourite whodunnit are those where I feel the solution is both impossible to find and the only logical one (like in Poe's short stories, Gaston Leroux'books and some Hercule Poirot: Evil under the sun, Death on the nile, Lord Edgware dies).
Last edited by Ruth on January 6th, 2020, 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please refrain from using slurs and other inappropriate, outdated language in your posts. I’m aware this wasn’t done in malice, so hopefuly this stuff won’t repeat in the future.

bruh, you could have just said "and then there were none"

even going as far as 1940, the book was in print with its retitled name so there was zero need to use the name that hasn’t officially been in use for decades, and includes a slur which we all are aware of.

My goof on this movie is that Rian will name it Spectre.

I want Lakeith back and in a bigger role.

anarchy wrote:
January 8th, 2020, 1:47 pm
yes

I already forgot he was in it, his role was so insignificant.

LelekPL wrote:
January 8th, 2020, 2:45 pm
I already forgot he was in it, his role was so insignificant.
Unfortunately yes. His best scene is probably the chase scene. Or best line anyway.

Ruth wrote:
January 8th, 2020, 2:37 pm
anarchy wrote:
January 8th, 2020, 1:47 pm
yes
Go see Uncut Gems.