Untitled Michael Jackson Biopic (TBA)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
i think what’s the likely root of this weirdness of a discussion is that we, white people, are trying to define what is/should be seen as damaging to the african american community, when they can perfectly gauge this on their own

like, good intentions is all i can see from virgo’s posts, but his posts have the airs of “my way or the highway” which, with not being black, thus not really knowing what it’s like and projecting your own set of beliefs onto people who know better, just comes off as...idk. odd

there’s a lot more to mj to criticize or condemn than his views on his own racial identity

also, even if he did try to appear more white, once again, white people are literally responsible for forcing other races to conform and with time, hate themselves enough to want to look white. there are exceptions to this, but with black people in america, it’s literally that. so the discussion shouldn’t really be if this is some despicable behavior, but whether a black man, abused and likely mentally ill, can truly be held responsible for the behavior that is more so a manifestation of systemic racism. also, body dysmorphia is literally a mental illness too, people don’t even necessarily need to be racist/xenophobic against their own race/ethnicity to despise their looks

You see him as a victim. I see him as a victim and a perpetrator. The same thing is true about his child abuse sickness.

@Nomis I literally said and I repeat that it's fairly ridiculous to point the same objection towards a black woman for instance, who wants to change the way her nose or her hair looks, because she feels it fits her overall look better this way.

We are talking about someone who has changed his entire look exactly according to the racial stereotypes guidebook one by one, so that he could appear completely like a white person, at a time and a place that his people's appearance is subjected to discrimination. How fucking convenient is that?

You being all like, how dare you tell someone how they should look, is missing the entire context of what I'm saying.

It's just weird to state that MJ couldn't look the way he wanted, whatever the context. You put it above any person, including MJ, looking the way they want and I strongly disagree with that. He had a skin disorder and handled it how he wanted. You saying the video I posted made your day makes me sick.

Didn't MJ had nose surgery because he broke it while rehearsing or something?