Licorice Pizza (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I'm very excited for the film, though the title sounds pretty meh to me.

They are spelling liquorice wrong.....

The title is a play on words for a vinyl record.

Just watched the trailer on a 35mm print in LA. Got quite emotional seeing Hoffman on the screen.

neb4ever wrote:
September 11th, 2021, 1:37 am
Just watched the trailer on a 35mm print in LA. Got quite emotional seeing Hoffman on the screen.
Shit! I’m so excited. So it’s pretty good then?

All these comments on the trailer get me even more excited !! I want it now.

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 2:13 pm
neb4ever wrote:
September 11th, 2021, 1:37 am
Shit! I’m so excited. So it’s pretty good then?
It will most likely be the film of the decade. The trailer really makes it seem like a spiritual sequel to Boogie Nights. As for the trailer and film itself I know more about the story and context than most people:
It's based on a true story of GARY played by Hoffman who is based on Gary Goetzman a famous producer now who works with Tom Hanks. But he was a child actor at first in the 70s and worked with Demme. The film also deals with the politician Joel Wachs
Edit: I would keep an eye on this Youtube channel for a preview of it coming: https://www.youtube.com/user/AlRosePromotions/videos

Confirmation that this is playing in a LA theater tonight and Sunday.

Trailer online next week possibly?

I thought this was coming out next year. Anyways my friend made a movie that takes place at pizza shop that came out last year. My friend made it for 11,000 dollars and it has 93% on RT. Let’s see how this compares. Obviously PTA movie will be better but I wouldn’t mind if my friends movie had a higher rotten score

The trailer has leaked and is somewhere online(I don't know if I can share it though).

But it's beautiful!!
I feel all his artistic mastery, the culmination of all his style and art through the trailer.(Both the craziness and peps of his early films mixed with the more meditative/philosophical, playful and stretched side of his more recent films)

I feel like his most mature and accomplished work is coming!!
The excitation is clearly here.