Licorice Pizza (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
March 18th, 2020, 2:14 am
Artemis wrote:
March 17th, 2020, 8:55 pm
Everyone is talking about coronavirus so that's why this went under the radar.

Anyway, what the fuck PTA?
Or he’s a film twitter fave so people are ignoring it/pretending they did not see it.

Anyway, to me it sounds like he was pretty much an asshole when he was younger and has really changed/matured now. That’s just my guess from what I can tell.
i read a tweet about a new yorker article about him

I read the profile which the indiewire article links to but I understand trying to deflect. Also, I don’t get putting blame on both sides here based on what was presented. That seems kind of gross, he was the one who was emotionally and physically abusive, not her.

looking at pta's protagonists it doesn't take a genius to figure he is or was at some point a massive wang but the article didn't seem like she was cancelling him. tho this is the picture you could get when the article is filtered through a clickbait article then through twitter then through this forum, which was my point (it was also a knives out reference)

I know it was a Knives Out reference but I posted the full summarization of the article, not just a tweet. I already said, I feel PTA prob was an asshole in his younger years but as far as I can tell he’s really mellowed and matured. I don’t think he should be “canceled”. I don’t believe in that for most people.

My point was if this was a filmmaker or celeb people did not like as much it would be prob be brought up a lot more and criticized.

like if it was JJ Abrams?

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 1:36 am
like if it was JJ Abrams?

-Vader
By certain Star Wars fans, yeah. But JJ is pretty well liked in general. If this same story came out about QT it would be all over the place trying to ruin him. The proof is in the pudding.

it did, from uma thurman. pudding indeed

According to his crew in a recent interview, PTA is already scouting locations for this. And it will be his smallest crew apparently, due to the pandemic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpgyq9VhOIA
I really can't wait for some news !!!

I’m guessing this will be a smaller film without a big name cast.