House of the Dragon (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Hold your dragons, Game of Thrones fans, another prequel of the hugely popular fantasy series is eyeing a green light. I’ve learned that HBO is close to giving a pilot order to a GoT prequel from author and GoT co-executive producer George R.R. Martin and Colony co-creator/exec producer Ryan Condal, which is set 300 years before the events in Game of Thrones and tracks the beginning of the end for House Targaryen. The network declined comment.

Created by Martin and Condal and written by Condal, I hear the project is based on the Fire & Blood book by Martin and has been in the works at HBO since last fall.
https://deadline.com/2019/09/house-targ ... 202732221/
Last edited by nolannolanchrischris on October 22nd, 2020, 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Could be good. I hope we get to see some of the Doom of Valyria. I wonder what this means for the other prequel with Jane Goldman? They finished the pilot awhile ago and no word on series order yet. I hope HBO just leaves at two prequels and not any more, though.

You get a silver wig, and you and you and you....lol Targaryen family drama: to the common people it was the day that changed their lives forever but for the Targs it was Tuesday I guess.

Ace
Set 300 years before the events of “Game of Thrones,” the series tells the story of House Targaryen.

The series is co-created by George R.R. Martin and Ryan Condal. Miguel Sapochnik will partner with Condal as showrunner and will direct the pilot and additional episodes. Condal will be writing the series.

Going straight to series
The prequel is set 300 years before the events of the flagship series that tracks the beginnings and the end of House Targaryen. Emilia Clarke earned four Emmy nominations for her role as fan-favorite Daenerys Targaryen. Martin and Condal will pen the script for the drama, which is based on Martin's book Fire & Blood. Miguel Sapochnik, who earned an Emmy for helming "The Battle of the Bastards" episode, will direct the pilot and additional episodes. Vince Gerardis will also exec produce. Sapochnik and Condal will serve as co-showrunners. House of the Dragon will be the first project to stem from a new overall deal that Sapochnik has signed with HBO, in which he'll develop and produce content for both HBO and HBO Max.
https://deadline.com/2019/10/game-of-th ... 202771886/

Yes yes Sapochnik 🙏

fiege should hire sapochnik for his star wars and get somebody good to write it

but this is exciting, i suppose

-Vader

Much better idea than the scrapped pilot.

Lol, is that because of D&D as well, Internet?