Moon Knight (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Just thought I'll create threads for all three announced Marvel/Disney+ streaming shows.

Another round of confused casual Marvel fan's questions.

I heard that Moon Knight is supposed to be Marvel's Batman. That sounds exciting and all (Batman is EASILY my favorite character as you might have noticed) but after reading the wiki I haven't noticed any similarities to be honest. There's really nothing in his backstory that's even remotely close to Bruce Wayne. Is it just the suit (that's not even that similar - I mean, it's white as day) or general gothic aesthetic (does it even have a gothic aesthetic?)? Is it his modus operandi? Is he even a hero since I hear it all might be in his head? And if it's in his head then how much of it? Like is it all of? Is the whole crime fighting fake and he's just some vegetable on a hospital bed? Or are his powers just hallucinations but the crime fighting is real? Again, someone please explain.

Bro you can google this stuff.

You can also Yahoo it

I tried but the answers are inconsistent. I was hoping someone might be an expert here on the character and could explain it in detail and clarify this stuff. You know, share their knowledge, the stuff that forums are all about.

Can't find my Moon Knight comics but I recall it being very Batman-esque. It was created by notable Batman writer Doug Moench and the character has similarities to Wayne including his wealth and street-level presence. One thing I remember was how scared I was to pick up a Moon Knight comic as a child because the atmosphere was a bit dark, with horror-like elements. Not sure about the schizophrenia stuff but I think that aspect was written in later on and doesn't amount to much.

With his time in the Star Wars franchise coming to an end, Oscar Isaac now sets his sights on the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Deadline is hearing he is in negotiations to star as Moon Knight in the Marvel and Disney+ series based on the comic book hero.

Jeremy Slater, who developed and wrote Netflix’s comic book adaptation of the Umbrella Academy series, has been tapped to develop and lead the writing team on the series for the streamer.

Moon Knight aka Marc Spector, is a mercenary who has numerous alter egos — cabbie Jake Lockley and millionaire playboy Steven Grant — in order to better fight the criminal underworld. But later he was established as being a conduit for the Egyptian moon god Khonshu. Most recently, the character was a consultant who dresses in all-white and goes by the name Mr. Knight.
https://deadline.com/2020/10/moon-knigh ... 234602805/

Wait, they are not picking a Jewish actor?

Edit: nvm he has Jewish roots apparently.

Master Virgo wrote:
October 26th, 2020, 3:18 pm
Wait, they are not picking a Jewish actor?

Edit: nvm he has Jewish roots apparently.
I hear a Jewish actor is a rarity in Hollywood.

Jewish characters are played by non jews and vice versa all the time in HW. Correct me if I’m wrong but I wasn’t even aware this was generally seen as a big issue? especially if the character or actor in mind is white or white passing