Marriage Story (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
sunday hopefully

after seeing the reactions from everyone here, i'm super excited

Michaelf2225 wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 1:42 pm
sunday hopefully

after seeing the reactions from everyone here, i'm super excited
As you should be.

Adam Driver Isn't Exactly Sure What 'Toxic Masculinity' Means

"What do you mean, 'toxic masculinity'?" he asked.
I suggested that male aggression is seen as less purifying now than it may have been portrayed as being in "Fight Club." "I’d have to think about it," Driver said. "I mean, I haven’t heard much about toxic masculinity." He chuckled. "Maybe because I’m part of the problem!"
https://www.menshealth.com/entertainmen ... sculinity/

That's just not true, regarding Fight Club.

I feel like the term is being so overused now that it ceases to have meaning.

In some parts of the internet we're attributing normal emotions and in some cases hard wired personality traits to toxic masculinity. It exists absolutely but I feel like it's become a term people use so freely to sound smart.

unfortunately i never got to see this at the philly film fest, but it is making a short theatrical run in the indie theater here. caught it friday and oh boy noah did it

this film wrecked me, and i can’t stop thinking about it - best of the year

Man, any of you watch this yet?

I saw it Friday and I'm still thinking about it. I think it affected me so much because
i feel like at the bottom of it all, the major problem was not communicating. And it's like so sad when marriages fall apart for that reason. Neither Charlie or Nicole were the clear bad guy (okay Charlie did cheat though. What the hell Charlie?) And Nicole does accuse Charlie of gaslighting but I get the feeling that Nicole wasn't more assertive or confident with herself. I think if she stood up to Charlie more often either their marriage would be saved or would have ended earlier who knows.

But it really broke my heart that they still loved each other but they just couldn't make it work. And even if they did communicate more often and more deeply, they might have just been plain old incompatible.

That scene where Charlie reads the last line of Nicole's note broke my heart. And my heart also broke when Nicole gives Charlie a haircut in LA. It was this intimate ritual they did when married and she still did that even going through divorce. Like damn this Asian bitch still cares about ur ass. And when she orders food for him 😭😭😭
Okay that's a lot of word vomit for this episode of deep thots but no one's gonna read it. Tl;Dr this film affected me a lot because I've either experienced or witnessed the events that went on in the film in one way or another.

Thank you for coming to a bitches ted talk.

Liked this quite a bit. Often times very funny but I expected it leave more of an impact. A tad disappointing.

the duality of man

Forum Pro
Law
Durden wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 9:52 pm
Liked this quite a bit. Often times very funny but I expected it leave more of an impact. A tad disappointing.
Probably because you, like me, haven't been the same since Blue Valentine.