Marriage Story (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ace

Written and directed by Noah Baumbach (“Margot At The Wedding,” “Frances Ha,” “The Meyerowitz Stories“), the film sees couple Adam Driver (“BlacKkKlansman,” “The Report”) and Scarlett Johansson (“The Avengers”) going through a tough coast-to-coast divorce. Driver plays the part of Charlie, a stage director, while Johansson is Nicole, an actress.

yeah this doesn’t at all feel like noah and greta in real life

looks great

Why the fuck does Netflix dick around all year long and withstands the reputation of putting out shitty content and then they go "sike bitches, we actually do have shit that looks good" at the last minute?

probably their shitty content gets views and this doesn’t

Michaelf2225 wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:41 am
I think Keith said that we don't really know if their shitty content gets a lot of views since they never release the methodology of how they get those numbers and they are not checked by a third party.

So we literally don't know if any of their original stuff is the smash hit they say it is.

Artemis wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:44 am
Michaelf2225 wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:41 am
I think Keith said that we don't really know if their shitty content gets a lot of views since they never release the methodology of how they get those numbers and they are not checked by a third party.

So we literally don't know if any of their original stuff is the smash hit they say it is.
yeah, i’m just saying like their whole business model is subscriptions and viewer retention, so they’re going to advertise the flashy stuff and not this. the people who want this subscribe to Netflix by default and will go back to their Criterion Channel after watching

at least, that’s how i see it

Michaelf2225 wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:37 am
yeah this doesn’t at all feel like noah and greta in real life

looks great
That’s because this is loosely based on his marriage to Jennifer Jason Leigh. He’s not even married to Greta.
Artemis wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:39 am
Why the fuck does Netflix dick around all year long and withstands the reputation of putting out shitty content and then they go "sike bitches, we actually do have shit that looks good" at the last minute?
it was known they had this along with other promising projects. Sometimes they just start promoting late but this is not even a case of that.

Allstar wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 12:23 pm
Artemis wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:39 am
it was known they had this along with other promising projects. Sometimes they just start promoting late but this is not even a case of that.
Of course WE knew about it and how promising this project is but most people didn't know about this.

They just really love jerking around all year long by greenlighting EVERYTHING and then they go "lmao we actually got some good shit for you guys."

tl;dr i wish they wouldn't withstand the "netflix sucks ass" criticism and maybe make more of an effort to release good stuff year round.

EDIT: I messed up the quoting but really who cares. don't care about this the way netflix doesn't care about their image

They release their “good” movies in the fall... just like every distributor. You over exaggerate stuff to suit your simplistic narrative that “Netflix sucks ass.” The truth is there’s good and bad with Netflix but plenty of good.

That's not my narrative tho. That's the overall narrative the general public has with Netflix.

A24 manages to release good content all year long so it's not every distributor. And last Spring and Summer we got good movies before going into the fall movie season.