Obi-Wan Kenobi (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:
January 25th, 2020, 7:57 am
Allstar wrote:
January 24th, 2020, 9:35 pm
This is my first time saying this but it’s prob time for KK to go.
Yeah, at this point, probably.
It's pretty reckless conjecture what falls on the shoulders of Kennedy vs Iger, the latter of whom seems like the real snake of the situation.

KK is the one who probably asked to push the next Star Wars movie to 2022 so they'll have plenty of time to develop it.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 6:12 pm
m4st4 wrote:
Allstar wrote:
It's pretty reckless conjecture what falls on the shoulders of Kennedy vs Iger, the latter of whom seems like the real snake of the situation.

KK is the one who probably asked to push the next Star Wars movie to 2022 so they'll have plenty of time to develop it.

-Vader
Iger is a CEO. He’s not asking for rewrites and firing directors.

Vader182 wrote:
January 26th, 2020, 6:12 pm
m4st4 wrote:
Allstar wrote:

-Vader
Kennedy is responsible for creative errors. She forced Palpatine on J. J.
Iger is responsible for the entire company's errors, of course. He's CEO.

We literally don't know if that's true. That's my whole point. It's completely feasible Iger is enforcing release dates and pushed a mandate of XYZ.

As Bacon said, TROS seems to be a byproduct of Iger/KK/JJ/Terrio clashing on various issues. As a movie, it's exactly what "took many cooks in the kitchen" looks like.

There's been rumors for years and years that JJ and KK don't get along but Iger/JJ do, while Iger doesn't love TLJ and obviously KK did. Obviously, many mistakes have been made inside Disney and LFL, but pushing it all on Kennedy seems wrong.

Who knows the veracity of that stuff but it's worth considering.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 2:32 pm
We literally don't know if that's true. That's my whole point. It's completely feasible Iger is enforcing release dates and pushed a mandate of XYZ.

As Bacon said, TROS seems to be a byproduct of Iger/KK/JJ/Terrio clashing on various issues. As a movie, it's exactly what "took many cooks in the kitchen" looks like.

There's been rumors for years and years that JJ and KK don't get along but Iger/JJ do, while Iger doesn't love TLJ and obviously KK did. Obviously, many mistakes have been made inside Disney and LFL, but pushing it all on Kennedy seems wrong.

-Vader
This is the right take.

Vader182 wrote:
January 27th, 2020, 2:32 pm

-Vader
You're right on that.

Didn't Frosty say recently that the biggest blame and source of problems was on Iger and Kennedy?

McGregor Obi-Wan content = instant in