Untitled Aladdin Sequel (TBA)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Producer Dan Lin has revealed that talks are already taking place for a sequel, news which really shouldn't come as a surprise after how well-received the first installment was.

"We certainly when we first made the movie wanted to just make the best movie we could and let audiences tell us if they wanted to see more. And I would say resoundingly audiences want to see more. And so we feel like there's more story to tell. We are going to treat it the same way we treat the original Aladdin movie and not going to do a shot by shot remake of anything that's been done before."

So, it doesn't sound like we'll be getting a straightforward adaptation of The Return of Jafar, something which should be a relief to those left disappointed by The Lion King.

"We're really looking at what's been done before in the past and the home video, and there's just more story to tell with the underlying materials," Lin continued. "So without giving away too much, we are certainly exploring where we can go with this franchise."

Aladdin did make a billion dollars though

Return of Jafar would be great in general. Not really a fan of the depiction of Jafar in this live action version, but I would probably be most impressed if they embraced the magical even more.

If there is a god, Jafar will be left out of this entirely.

mickey is god you heretic

Nauta wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 11:45 am

John Gatins (Flight) and Andrea Berloff (Straight Outta Compton) will collaborate on the screenplay.

Way to let go of my boy John August.

First one was miles better than Lion King.

And yet none of them have even seen a glimpse of originals' brilliance.