Apocalypse Now: Final Cut (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

4K remaster and new cut of Francis Ford Coppola's Apocalypse Now

I once started watching the Redux but never got through it. The theatrical cut was fantastic imo. I wonder if this is going to be any better.

tbh, as of now the last scene of the trailer isn't doing much for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nomis wrote:
August 5th, 2019, 6:17 am

4K remaster and new cut of Francis Ford Coppola's Apocalypse Now

I once started watching the Redux but never got through it. The theatrical cut was fantastic imo. I wonder if this is going to be any better.

tbh, as of now the last scene of the trailer isn't doing much for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You should finish the Redux at some point. I still prefer the theatrical cut but you should finish it at least once.

alright alright

just saw final cut ergo ⚡️apocalypse now power rankings⚡️

1 theatrical
2 hearts of darkness
3 bootleg
4 final
5 redux

NOW this looks bad but it was actually my favourite viewing of the film. could have just been the imax theater but i internalized it in many ways i havent before, like how muddy and loud it is or how dehumanized everyone feels

ALSO if it werent for that crum suckin plantation scene it would prolly be at #2. at risk of regurgitating mass opinions it truly is an indefensible choice to leave the scene in. you're on this grizzly meditative drug trip and it just kills the momentum.

also also the choice to [actual final cut-specific plot spoiler]
NOT BLOW UP THE COMPOUND?? blew my mind
and i actually think i endorse it

highly recommend i felt better about life while watching it its a big emotional pile of movie

the plantation scene ain’t that bad you guys

Cafe Cinema thread exists people. Apocalypse Now deserves better than being here. :(

eww. whoever moved my post from trumpocalypse now to this thread deserves a month long ban. but we all know internal investigations won't turn up anything

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 12:23 pm
eww. whoever moved my post from trumpocalypse now to this thread deserves a month long ban. but we all know internal investigations won't turn up anything

and i think in and of itself the plantation scene is fine, and think it works in the bootleg cut, but on this viewing it felt out of place. he even says never get off the boat!

Were there many differences between this cut and the theatrical? Or not so drastic as with the theatrical and the redux?

I never finished the redux version tbh