Untitled Tarantino Film (TBA)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ruth wrote:
July 28th, 2019, 5:47 am
Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
July 28th, 2019, 4:27 am
he may be taking a break to raise a family but theres no way hes stopping at 10 lets be real
i've been saying the same thing for a long while now but people are always like nooooo but he did say he's retiring!!

i'll eat my plate of crow if he doesn't make another film in another 20 years after his 10th, but i just do not see a person like tarantino saying adios to directing forever
and in-between that he'll probably keep writing and producing or whatever

He’s stopping at 10 imo. He may do miniseries or TV movies after so not necessarily saying goodbye to directing.

Tarantino spoke of 45 different possible films since Inglourious Basterds in his interviews. He never makes any of them.

oh so he quit after Inglourious Basterds and his subsequent films have been imaginations of the public?

lol

Nomis wrote:
August 10th, 2019, 9:41 am
oh so he quit after Inglourious Basterds and his subsequent films have been imaginations of the public?

lol
He never spoke of Django, Hateful Eight or Hollywood in any capacity before they were announced. Not even a ''I'm working on a 60s Hollywood film'' or ''I'm working in a play-like western'' or anything.

I'm pretty sure that before announcing OUATIH he talked about being in research for the year 1969 or something along those lines. He just said that he was considering many different possibilities i.e. book, documentary, podcast etc.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
August 10th, 2019, 10:00 am
Nomis wrote:
August 10th, 2019, 9:41 am

lol
He never spoke of Django, Hateful Eight or Hollywood in any capacity before they were announced. Not even a ''I'm working on a 60s Hollywood film'' or ''I'm working in a play-like western'' or anything.
Wrong. From 2010 after Basterds. Django got announced in 2011.
“I’d like to do a Western. But rather than set it in Texas, have it in slavery times. With that subject that everybody is afraid to deal with,” Tarantino said. “Let’s shine that light on ourselves. You could do a ponderous history lesson of slaves escaping on the Underground Railroad. Or, you could make a movie that would be exciting. Do it as an adventure. A spaghetti Western that takes place during that time. And I would call it ‘A Southern.'”
https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/ ... -a-western

Hateful Eight he never said anything. He did say he wanted to make a film more like Pulp Fiction again which may have been referring to Hollywood but that’s very broad and not being specific like he was with Django.

I would be totally down with Tarantino playing his hand at a horror film, but he kind of already did that (in a way) with Death Proof.

On the other hand, he did openly talk about Basterds for years and years. Since 97 if not earlier. And yes, he did talk about Django when doing press for Basterds.

-Vader