Thor: Love & Thunder (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
What’s wrong with Jane in Thor exactly? The entirety of Thor 2 sucks, except for those Loki-Thor moments.

@jasonaaron: Consider me thunderously excited. The Jane Foster Thor storyline I did with @rdauterman, (Eisner winner!) @COLORnMATT & so many more talented artists is one of my proudest moments in comics. I can't wait to see @TaikaWaititi & Natalie Portman bring the Goddess of Thunder to life.

It's not Natalie Portman's fault, obviously. It's just bad writing. It's not as though either of the first two Thors were good to begin with, but Jane Foster was one of many needless additions to those stories. Because Ragnarok happened to be good and lacked Jane Foster, people now correlate "Thor being good" with "not having Jane Foster". Her character is quite bland, but so was Thor's. Assuming faith in the writers, I don't see why there's such an objection to her returning. It's not some unsolvable puzzle.

can we lock this thread until like filming begins. please?

No we're not locking any threads. Keep it civil and stay on topic and we'll be just fine.

While I agree you don’t need the physical stature because of superpowers, isn’t there a reason Hemsworth gets jacked every time to play Thor? Also Portman on Instagram said she’s going to “get jacked” lol.

Anyway, I’ve just never been a big fan of Portman so this is nothing new for me. Please don’t associate me with a deplorable like Skyab.

Allstar wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 6:34 pm
Anyway, I’ve just never been a big fan of Portman so this is nothing new for me. Please don’t associate me with a deplorable like Skyab.

Forum Pro
Law
Artemis wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 1:20 pm
Sometimes I hesitate before saying ACAB because I'd like to think Law isn't one of them.
ACAB?

Law wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 7:09 pm
Artemis wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 1:20 pm
Sometimes I hesitate before saying ACAB because I'd like to think Law isn't one of them.
ACAB?
I only know this because I looked it up but it means “All cops are bad”. :facepalm:

I don't think this is the thread to discuss the complexities of modern American policing but if you have questions about my own personal thoughts I'd rather people PM me (except for Geoffrey and Skyab tbh. Nothing personal I just don't want PM's from you guys).

As far as Portman's size. I've learned not to care because no matter what size a woman is, it feels like she'll always be critiqued and I'd rather we don't add to that.