Thor: Love & Thunder (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Our resident deplorables are so predictable, you can basically predict every single thing they are going to say regarding any such news. They always try to cover it with some other reasoning though.

Forum Pro
Law
Master Virgo wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 12:45 pm
Our resident deplorables are so predictable, you can basically predict every single thing they are going to say regarding any such news. They always try to cover it with some other reasoning though.
Reported.

Law wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 12:51 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
Reported.
Why? You identify as one? Couldn't possibly guess.

Sometimes I hesitate before saying ACAB because I'd like to think Law isn't one of them.

Master Virgo wrote:
You have the subtlety of a grandma on an electric scooter at Walmart. Ironically—if being "predictable" is even bad—you are the most predictable on this forum. It's obvious how very much any dissent, from monopolistic Disney's plans, riles you up. Maybe these "deplorables" are not "covering" anything up, but actually have a logical argument, unlike someone here who immediately resorts to poorly veiled insults. At this rate, this person I am referring to would probably be defined as a "troll".
Skyab23 wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 9:39 am
Love and Thunder= a ridiculous title (unless they're going to go full comedy, which maybe that will work somehow--Ragnarok was basically a comedy).

Portman as Thor is so underwhelming. As others have mentioned, her acting has been one note in these movies and she is 5'3" and tiny as hell. Not sure how they'll make this work.

On the positive side, I am glad Waititi is returning.
Even if it is a full-on drama, why does it matter at all that she's 5'3"? Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman already don't require their actresses to be trained rigorously, which is even more of a problem, as they are consistently depicted in the comics as strong and fit. As someone else said, Female Thor's powers don't come from her height.

Does every female superhero have to be extraordinarily tall? The average American height for a woman is ~5'4". What's the problem with a woman being a woman? Not every female character should be modeled after Ellen Ripley. There's even Tom Cruise and Tom Holland. Give her her suit with Mjolnir and it will work. They could even play off of it if they wanted. When you see a metallic figure engulfed in lightning flying through the air, it won't matter if it's 5' or 6' tall.
Last edited by Geoffrey on July 21st, 2019, 2:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

natalie portman cant be thor cause shes bad at acting! there's no way she'll ever reach the levels of chris hemsworth!

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 2:22 pm
natalie portman cant be thor cause shes bad at acting! there's no way she'll ever reach the levels of chris hemsworth!
Natalie Portman can't be Thor because she's too tiny. I mean there is a reason why Scarlett Johannson isn't in superhero mov----wait....

Why are we getting a film about Natalie Portman when we have an extremely well developed female Thor in the form of Valkyrie? They're even hinting that she'll be the first openly LGBT+ hero in the MCU, so why give Portman such a big role when you've got a perfect lead in Tessa. She's more interesting and more entertaining in her single film than Natalie Portman was in 2.
Last edited by Bacon on July 21st, 2019, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Someone explained to me that in the comics, Jane Foster becomes Thor in one of the storylines.

Now granted the movies don't always follow the comics but that was the explanation I was given.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 12:30 pm
Curious to see how Portman will work with that material. I really like her, but haven't really seen her comedic chops
Your Highness... granted its pretty terrible.