Thor: Love & Thunder (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The second one is the most forgettable one tbh.

Thor 1 is low-key top tier Marvel

Agree.
Thor 1 may have the only MCU villain I truly care for. Everything with Loki, Thor and Odin is great (the scene where Thor is cast out, Thor failing to lift the hammer, Loki confronting his father, the final fight between the two brothers), Doyle's score is great.
I barely remember Thor 2.
Thor 3 is nice and cool but has all your usual Marvel flaws too.

Branagh's Thor is much more visually authored than a lot of the MCU. It's Shakespeare in space and I'm here for it. It's the film that introduces mythical flare and some bravado to the universe. It’s fun, it’s funny, and I'm mad at 2011 me for not appreciating it more.

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
I agree that the first Thor is one of the best MCU movies. Hiddleston gives his best performance as Loki in it.

Formula filmmaking beaten to a science.

blackColumn wrote:
April 18th, 2022, 1:42 pm
Formula filmmaking beaten to a science.
Strongly disagree. This is one of the few Marvel projects aside from She-Hulk that I'm actually hyped for. Taika Waititi seems to really understand how to make this character compelling.

Christian Bale is the only reason I'm interested in this, and I'm disappointed that he's nowhere to be seen in this trailer.

The CGI in this trailer is terribbblllleeee, it must not be finished right? Like they obviously just threw this thing together from what footage that was mostly finished? I

T looks fine, I'm a huge fan of the Jason Aaron comics run, but considering I was a huge fan of Walt Simonson's run on Thor, and all the iconic moments from his comics were pillaged for Ragnorok, and stripped of any meaning and importance, I'm not hopeful, can't get excited.